Chinese Chairs Ver 2.0

I have just read this thread and feel the need to complement and thank you for a terrific post. Those are great " chair like acrobatic props" built with care. In todays drive to produce the lowest possible cost shoddy product your commitment to excellence is refreshing.

Bill

I have just read this thread and feel the need to complement and thank you for a terrific post. Those are great " chair like acrobatic props" built with care. In todays drive to produce the lowest possible cost shoddy product your commitment to excellence is refreshing.

Bill

Thank you very kindly Bill :)

OK I got an email from the guys at Kooza, the show that these chairs are in, he said that they debuted today in the show, and that the artist is VERY please with them.

I'm going to Canada on the 22nd of this month, and I'm passing through Vancouver on my way to my hometown, I've been invited to the show to watch the performance and see the chairs in action, it is a bit of a schedule conflict, but I'm working on getting that figured, out, it may very well mean that I don't get to my mom's house until the 23rd, but I think it would be a great chance to see the chairs in action and meet all the people that have been involved along the way.

I've asked for pics of the chairs in the show, I hope to get some, when I do I'll post them.

Cheers!

What a great and fitting finale that will be for this fascinating project, Stu. I hope it works out. I'm looking forward to the pictures. Hey, maybe they'll invite you into the act that night as a special guest !!!!:D

Safe travels and have a nice Christmas with your girls and your folks.

OK confirmed my sister and I will be going to the 8PM show on the 22nd, then meet with everyone back stage after the show, should be really fun.

Yes I'll get pictures :D

What a great woodworking adventure. It will be the icing on the cake to see the chairs live and in person during a show. Just fantastic.

OK, I'll tell you about the show, it was amazing, truly unreal, super duper gob-smacking wow :O

When I was watching the artist Bo on my chairs, I had my heart in my throat, but I was also bursting with pride.

Part way through the stack of chairs, I think it was chair #5, the artist does a headstand, after the show when I met him he told me how happy he was with the chairs, they are rock solid, and in fact on the old chairs he could not do the headstand anymore, maybe for almost a year, they were too wobbly, but now he can do it with ease. One of the carpenters on the show told me that he does rigging during the performance, and he can see the chairs very well with the artist on the top, the said it always freaked him out, because the old chairs would shimmy and shake during the performance on the very top, the 8th chair, he said the first night they used the new chairs, my chairs, they did not shake or shimmy at all, he was really impressed at how well built they are. The coach said that these were better than the good chairs they got from China maybe 8 or 9 years ago, he was also really impressed. I'm blowing my own horn here, so I apologize for that.

IMG_0181.JPG

Jared and me back stage with some of the chairs.

IMG_0184.JPG

IMG_0185.JPG

the travel cases that carry two chairs.

IMG_0176.JPG

Jordan, Jared and myself back stage, Jordan is the lead for the tightwire chair.

I had a good look at the tighwire chair and a chat with the artist that uses it...

IMG_190.jpg

That is Bo on the left and Vicente on the right, on the existing tighwire chair, the one I'm mid build on.
Both super nice talented guys.

Yep that was one special night!

Cheers!

Toot your horn all you like you deserve every ounce of credit. The work we watched you put into them paid off big time. I am happy for you that all associated with the act acknowledge your workmanship and effort.

Seeing the packing case makes me think what a cost for moving chairs around but when one understands the importance well its justified.

A very big well done Stu. :score::congrats::champagne: To think you made it all happen from the dungeon in Tokyo, Canada can be proud of you.

Now go have a great Christmas with your family. Sorry you guys are not getting a taste of our spring weather for your visit. ;):thumb:

Seeing the results of your craftsmanship in action and being appreciated by the artists that use your work had to be tremendously satisfying. Have a wonderful visit with your family. Merry Christmas to you all.

In thought you had finished the high wire chair, and that this trip was to see it in use (never mind seeing your kids and parents). How great to see your stacked chairs in use, and at least meet the future users of your high wire chair. I assume the wire just inches off the floor is for them to warm up before the real performance???

If the high wire chair will have it's own shipping case, couldn't they send it to you empty, to save building a temporary crate?

Best to you, Emiko, the kids and family, for a very Merry Christmas and a great new year.

Great to hear that you got to the show to see your work in use. You can be very proud of your achievement and sleep well at night knowing that these performers are safer due to your skill as a craftsman. Well done Stu!