Bessey K Body Clamps

Justin Neel

Hey guys, I have a friend's father offering me Bessey K body clamps. I only have a couple of clamps at the moment, so I definitely need some. I just want to make sure that I get quality stuff. Here's the deal he is offering...

"These are the old style... I have 6 of them altogether, 2 are over 40 inch long and 4 are around 30. I forget how they were sold as far as length. Think they were marketed at 42 and 24 inch. Also have the blocks to support 4 clamps when making a panel door frame for instance. Whole lot for $100.00 if interested."

Can anyone say for sure whether or not this is a really good deal? Medium deal, possibly. Or no deal. I've looked online. Seems like a good deal from what I can tell, but would rather ask some experts.

Pretty decent deal, around half off retail. Especially if they're in good shape and the older ones were often nicer IMHO as well. If you are in a major metro and haunted craigslist, yard sales and estate sales for a year odds are you could meet it or perhaps beat it if you got lucky.

That sounds like the set that was marketed as their "cabinet door" set which was 2 of the 40" and 2 of the 24". In fact the 40" will usually span 42" and the 24" will span about 25" In any case, $100 for the lot is a good deal.