Cherry Bowl

Chuck Ellis

I made this bowl last week or maybe week before last, but brought it in Friday to get ready for my market on Saturday... LOML immediately fell in love with it and wanted to claim it, so I said okay, it's yours... then she said no - it needs to go to market to sell... I told her I would take it to market and if it didn't sell, she could have it... I took it to market, it didn't sell ('course I put it under the table and didn't show it so it wouldn't sell) and when I got home put it on the counter for her.

It's cherry from some wood a fellow gave me at the market... 11 inches diameter by just over 4 inches high, finished with poly...

10-2089_4.JPG10-2089_0.JPG10-2089_2.JPG

Also did these wine glasses for the market.. large white wine glasses - at least 10 or 12 ounce size on Paduak stems.

40-2086_3.JPG40-2086_0.jpg40-2086_1.JPG40-2086_2.JPG

That is a very nicely done bowl, Chuck! Great smooth form all the way. The glasses are great as well. That is a perfect sized bowl for most households serving needs. Of course, you know what you fill it up with as well. Right?

Love that bowl! I'm gonna make stuff like that when I grow up.

If it isn't rude of me how much would you ask for a bowl like that?

Roger, I keep my prices reasonable and relatively low... that's my market place.. my catalog/spreadsheet calculated this bowl at $80... probably would have priced it at $75.
Only money I had tied up in it is the gas to pick up the logs( there was 5 of them and I made two stops the day I picked them up... I had 5 walnut logs, 5 cherry logs and a whole pile of oak limbs with burls in them... about 20-30 pieces. ) and the 6-8 coats of polyurethane...

Really nice Chuck! The bowl has a great shape. I really like the glasses as well. I have several dozen glasses I've bought for this purpose but have yet to try it. Thanks for the inspiration.