Growler?

Well... its trying to solve a minimal problem (around our house at least :D). I can't see using it for homebrew from a cost perspective - the cornelius kegs are a most more effective solution (and are sized better for your average batch). A 64oz growler sounds like a lot but its really only 4 16oz pours (5 @12oz) and most beer handles being half empty for a day pretty well so that's 2 beers/day in a regular growler just fine. But I hear you argue they have a 128oz version.. to which I counter "sure just use to 64 oz growlers".

Thus my personal take on it is "cool but overly gadety and priced outside of the justifiable range".

While we're here though - these are pretty awesome: http://www.hydroflask.com/products/hydro-flask-insulated-water-bottle-and-beer-growler-64oz
They'll keep hot hot and cold cold for a nice long time (I've gotten more than 6 hours for hot, at least in the usably hot range). Best thermos I've had in years (and happily jus tthe right size for beer).

Also be aware that in some states (at least California) you can't use an outside growler for filling up at a brewpub - it has to be "labeled" with the maker of the beer (so you can't use a Russian River growler if you go to Lost Abbey) in which case neither of these is useful to you. Other states (Oregon, Washington and Arkansas at least) are more liberal on that and don't have as restrictive of packaging laws.

There are several iterations of these pressurized growlers. It does offer simplicity buy not having to unscrew a lid and losing carbonation with every pour. It allows (as does any growler) portability. Where these types shine is the "Cool" factor and some people will opt to spend any amount to have that. This one has to many bells and whistles that can bust off and we all know beer drinkers can break things! ;)

Yaaay! Virginia recently passed growler legislation, so this would work here. It has kind of a steam punk look that appeals to me and I like the carbonation aspect. I'll put it on the same list as the sous vide machine.:D