an amazing thing happened yesterday!

Dan Noren

Staff member
after giving him up for lost, i got a package from new york in the mail yesterday. it was the coasters that were promised for a $10 donation. i'll comment privately on the finish and quality. i just hope his cutting boards are better quality.

Attachments

• ned coasters.jpg
    ned coasters.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 87
Glad to see he's trying to fulfill his obligations. Sorry to see he's apparently rushing them out with no regard for the quality. (And maybe it's just me, but I'd expect a set of four coasters to all be the same size.)

Wouldn't have to be all the same size to suit me for a $10.00 donation!

same size, same thickness shows attention to detail, and adopting a standard for making many similar items. this shows me that since they are 3 different sizes, 4 different thicknesses, with sander marks still visible, that this was done in a slap-dash, get something out the door no matter the quality, shows that the fear of something has been put into him, and he doesn't care about the quality. this is not the work of the 'seasoned' woodworker he claims to be. in his post, he has someone named stu helping him with the refunds. why should he need help with the refunds, if he hasn't spent all of the money?

Wouldn't have to be all the same size to suit me for a $10.00 donation!

Calling yourself a master craftsman, then putting out that type of product doesn't mesh.

The bottom line is do it right or not at all. If that's what he's willing to deliver, he'll never make a business of it.