It's Friday! 7/31/2015 Edition

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
TGIF! We're baby sitting tonight, but sounds like my wife wants to do some reorganization this weekend of the garage while it's nice. I also some car maintenance to do. Other than that I'm hoping to get a couple of more brews burping, I plan to keg one I did about a month ago this weekend, already kegged a cider. A friend gave me some fresh hops yesterday, so trying to research and figure out how I want to use them.
2015-07-30 21.06.53.jpg
What's everyone else got going?

Play time! Going to a musical tonight. Tomorrow is CNC construction. Sunday I am on vacation from the job and will be attending a friend's last Sunday as he moves out of the neighborhood to much further north. I will miss him as we had breakfast together once a month or so and were sounding boards for each other. Won't be the same trying to do that by email. After the reception, its back to the CNC.

I am taking an additional 2 days vacation to give me a 4 day weekend.

I need to ramp up the New Bedford Sign and get it finished.

I also need to ship the hummingbird plaque to SoCal.

After that - I sit and breathe a little.

When I saw those plastic bags without my glasses on I thought "Darren is going to have a weed smoking weekend"?? And he's posting it??? Then I read the text and everything was clear.

Sorry for the misunderstanding Darren ;):D

Repaired my chainsaw this morning so I can help an older neighbor clear some downed limbs. One benefit will be some pecan for smoking and dogwood for turning.

Saturday will be some CNC time on a couple of projects. Need to get one finished before we head to Texas to take my granddaughter home.

Sunday should be a day of rest mostly - brunch, chill, NASCAR, chill, scotch, chill..........

Mowing today, my bride's brother & his wife are coming to pick up the metal sign I made for their driveway at their new home (and for their first visit to our new home) so I'll be headed to the market top get some steaks & fixins to grill tomorrow. Maybe my friend will come over to finish insulating the shop and then I can get some more cleaning done Sunday! Gonna be a busy weekend but hopefully more gets checked off the list than gets added!

Repaired my chainsaw this morning so I can help an older neighbor clear some downed limbs. One benefit will be some pecan for smoking and dogwood for turning.

Saturday will be some CNC time on a couple of projects. Need to get one finished before we head to Texas to take my granddaughter home.

Sunday should be a day of rest mostly - brunch, chill, NASCAR, chill, scotch, chill..........

Bill if that pecan is big enough...try turning some of it too. I've heard is great for turning.

We don't have any plans so we will probably be busy as heck!:huh: I cut up 6 spalted maple blanks Wednesday night so I hope to get into them at sometime this weekend.

When I saw those plastic bags without my glasses on I thought "Darren is going to have a weed smoking weekend"?? And he's posting it??? Then I read the text and everything was clear.

Sorry for the misunderstanding Darren ;):D

Should have seen the folks inside the restaurant gasping when my friend handed me a grocery bag and I pulled those out. :D

Puttering, cleaning, picking cucumbers, tomatoes and green beans, trying to catch the wascally wabbit that keeps eating all my peppers...even the jalapenos.

No major plans for us this weekend. Most likely I'll just be puttering around the house, practicing Pink Floyd songs, and maybe working on a couple of guitar remodeling projects I have in progress.

Work all weekend :(. Here and there time will be working a swap item and renewed commitment to vacuum the shop. Friend up the road lent me his "Chainsaw-on-a-stick". OOOHHHHHH heck yeah!!! Mayhem from 8' and the limbs just keep on fallin'!

Getting ready for a long-awaited return to paradise so that I can do this and that.
:drool: :five: That looks like a ton of fun.

Should have seen the folks inside the restaurant gasping when my friend handed me a grocery bag and I pulled those out. :D

:rofl: I have a great story about when me and a buddy picked up 20+lbs of hops and a 10lb sack of corn sugar and were re-packaging it in my garage. We had it all laid out on a couple of tables in the garage with scales and vacuum seal bags. My buddy had pretty long hair and a handful of long haired kids. When the neighbour came over to borrow a propane torch his eyes got big and he started backing out of the garage going "uh uh uh... I can come back later..". Took a little explaining that it was just hops and corn sugar.

Its going to be well over 100F here all weekend so not sure what will happen... we're going to a BBQ tomorrow but not sure past that - maybe try to cleanup some (that would certainly be useful to do anyway).

nothing, absolutely nada, if the temps permit maybe go to a fair on sunday, other than that, sticking to my strict diet, Im not even going out to eat.........its torture, I don't have a choice.

(got stuff drying in the shop, don't want to whip up any sawdust)

5643dd58962c140160c7dd43f223487a.jpg

The ferry to Port Townsend arriving on a glorious Sunday morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk