dining chair restart

Dan Noren

Staff member
well, now that the wife :blah: has given me the green light to finish up the dining room chairs (3 ready, need one more, and the new dining table), i decided to have some fun with them. since the cnc machine is up and running,
i decided (with her ok), to add a bit of a design to the top part of the seat backs. i've used this design before in the casa burro project for my newsletter, and decided to use it for the upper seat backs. the nice thing about cut2d, is that it will allow me to make an array (that's a bunch of them, for them that needs explainin'), x distance apart, and then take the array and drop it dead center of the part to be engraved. well, i set this to running while i was having fun planing the bathroom towel cabinet parts. it did a pretty good job of it (that's white oak, same as the other chairs). she approved of the look of it, and liked it even better after i hit it with an "i forgot the ratio of colors, but it looks good, and i've got a lot of it") dye. i figure dye all of the parts, then 3 good coats of shellac, and wax.

Attachments

• 001 start of test engraving.jpg
    001 start of test engraving.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 25
  • 002 test going good.jpg
    002 test going good.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 25
  • 003 test finished.jpg
    003 test finished.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 27
  • 004 test part dyed.jpg
    004 test part dyed.jpg