A friends work

Ron Hossack

I've been lurking but posted nothing for quite sometime.

I have this friend who was first a customer and we moved on and now I consider him my mentor.

Bob is on no forums or social networks and I fell he is one innovative turner. His wife does carving and painting of vases etc.

Here are a few pics of his work and the HF's are made using a Weaver Industries Articulating Arm

2010309SM-1_09.jpg 9795790lamps-1_09.jpg 2891838SM-2_001.jpg

Amazing turnings, Ron. Thanks for showing!

thanks Mack and I snapped a few more on the phone at our monthly wood turning fest meeting at his shop yesterday ... wife did the carving. I believe all these are from one of the Silver Maple logs he has laying zround.

9693787wing_001.jpg

how are you doing?

Very nice work, Ron. Bob and his wife are turning out some great pieces. Carving and painting really enhance the value of a turning by adding another level of the artists personal touch.

Your friend does real nice work, Ron. :thumb: And I agree with Paul...let's see some of your reel seats. We have enough fishermen here who'd surely appreciate seeing them.

Those are truly works of art! I tried doing a piece like the last one two different times. Both came apart on me in a bad way and have not tried it again. Of course I will when I see the perfect piece of wood for it. But not as of late. Truly fantastic work!