Auction score

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
I found a local auction house that has on-line bidding, so I've been buying a few items here and there. This weekend I scored big on some outdoor landscape lighting. I picked up my lot today and there are 51 lights, 54 optional mounting brackets (for deck and concrete), a 300 watt transformer, and about 250' of 14-2 cable.

The lights are cast metal with frosted glass globes, they seal up to keep the bugs out too, really good quality. They are discontinued, but had found ads selling these for $25 to $35 each. The 300 watt transformer is about $100 alone. I should have enough to replace all of the plastic ones around the pool and enough to surround the house and all the walks.

2015-08-10 19.17.15.jpg 2015-08-10 19.17.59.jpg 2015-08-10 19.18.08.jpg 2015-08-10 19.22.57.jpg 2015-08-10 19.28.13.jpg

The lights come with both 11 watt and 4 watt bulbs, but have ordered some LED replacements to try out, which are only about .4 watts draw. If they put out a reasonable amount of light (they supposedly compare to about 10w-15w bulbs) and a color I can live with, I should be able to run quite a few more lights on each run and cut down the number of transformers needed. I ordered the LED lights from here: https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/landscape-bulbs/led-product/402/

They are located in Missouri, so should have them in a few days to give a review.

Oh, btw, My winning bid...$205!

Which one? Equipbid, Cargolargo (via Ebay, or their other auctions), etc? I know KCBid hasn't been around in years, so I am wondering which one and how you found the experience?

It was Equipbid, experience was fine. I did get a photo printer a couple of weeks ago, but the photos didn't show the damage it had. I felt that was a bit shady, but they do offer a day to go view the items usually and can contact them with questions, so will say that was my own fault.