Old work breadbox.

Ryan Mooney

Staff member
Sorry about the poor quality picture, I kind of snapped it on the way out the door as an afterthought so the light was pretty bad.

This is a rolltop breadbox I made about 25 years ago that's been in pretty much daily use at my dads house ever since.
IMG_4184.jpg

The wood was supposedly "mahogany" but looking at it with a somewhat more jaundiced eye I'm suspecting it was a mahogany substitute. The roll top is cloth backed and while the cloth is pinned into a slot on the front and back slats the others are just held on with (real) contact cement which has apparently held up pretty well.

Couple of bonus shots of dads log-cabin style chicken coop he built (sort of falls under flat work I suppose). Ain't no bears going to get into that one and stays pretty warm in the winter as well. Roof on the main part is is sod on plastic and poles except for the tin rain shelters on the front and sides you can see in the picture).
IMG_4186.jpg
IMG_4185.jpg

Time tells the tale...they have both endured the test and look all the better for it.

Actually the chicken coop is only a couple of years old ;) A lot of trees were killed by beetles up in BC 10 or so years ago and he had to take down a bunch before they went into the power lines on the back side of the property, so once they cured up for a few years they were made into the coop.

Actually the chicken coop is only a couple of years old ;) A lot of trees were killed by beetles up in BC 10 or so years ago and he had to take down a bunch before they went into the power lines on the back side of the property, so once they cured up for a few years they were made into the coop.

It would be great to make a shop out of logs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk