Alone

Rob Keeble

son in NS said i should watch thia show. Anyone watch it?
i got to see an episode this evening and i find it hard to buy that they have no crew around. Any of u that may watch it buy that story?

well i got put off when the one guy went hunting in the forest with his bow and arrow. The camera showed him sitting back to a tree waiting for something to appear that he could shoot. Next one sees him take shot and then a shot shows a camera that moved to show the squirrel that he missed scampering away. He could not have moved or even set up the cameras for this shot. So sorry i cry "Fake."
My son defended it by saying they have game cameras. Well fair enough but then he knew the squirrel was in that tree it was not as "deserted" as he made out either in post filming voice editing or at the time.

No doubt the guys have survival skills. Strongest one being mental stamina.
I dunno i still find this form of Tv painful its not entertainment to me.
Enjoy the show those of u that watch, I still would sooner see our tv expenses cut to zero but it keeps swmbo happy and off my back :)

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

I DO NOT watch ANY "Reality" shows... TV isn't real and all of those types of shows have to be done as set ups for the entertainment factor.

I have watched the beginning of a couple of the "Naked and Afraid" series, but once they get into the show it gets too hokey for me and I move on... back to NCIS or Law and Order....:D

all of those types of shows have to be done as set ups for the entertainment factor.

I am a Survivor fan.

Setup - yes to some degree - nobody denys that - not even the staff, or the participants.

The filming is edited for the content and does not always show what is really going on.

I do believe though that they are not staying in hotel rooms, and that they have regular meals. They are definately "roughing it"

For entertainment? Of course it is - that is the entire reason it is on TV. --- well aside from the advertising revenue of course

The promos for those types of shows tell me all I need to know. Simply put, I ain't interested - better things to do with my time.

The really bad thing about the shows is that people complain about them being fake but still watch them. Do you mean to tell me that you can't find something better out of the other 200 channels available??? ;)

The promos for those types of shows tell me all I need to know. Simply put, I ain't interested - better things to do with my time...

Yeah - how real can it be, with a camera crew along, filming it all, and carrying food, drink, and meds? The crew isn't going to let nature take its course, and let somebody starve or bleed to death. That'd be true reality TV, for sure. though!

I'm crazy for some of the Alaska based reality shows. Alaska: The Last Frontier, Land Rush, Mountain Men, Bering Sea Gold, Gold Rush, Yukon Men, Life Below Zero, Port Protection. I know they are scripted, but I love the scenery and they remind me of my seven years there.

I'm crazy for some of the Alaska based reality shows. Alaska: The Last Frontier, Land Rush, Mountain Men, Bering Sea Gold, Gold Rush, Yukon Men, Life Below Zero, Port Protection. I know they are scripted, but I love the scenery and they remind me of my seven years there.

I like Life Below Zero, primarily because it doesn't seem to have quite as much manufactured drama interjected into the storyline as many of the others.

That said, I don't watch anything regularly. I have a few shows that get recorded automatically on the DVR (like Dirty Jobs) so I can watch them when the mood strikes, but I usually only turn on the TV once or twice a week.