Smallish Pecan Bowl

Dave Hoskins

I have been busy lately roughing out and finishing a bunch of "stock" bowls. I need them for my bulk overseas buyers and for the fair I go to every year. I do add one or two to my website as well. I thought I would post one of them just for the giggles of it. I do like the blackish colored lines that are on the inside. I think my dog Rosco told me to do it, so I guess I better. This bowl is 10" in diameter, 2" high, and 1 1/4" deep. As usual for me I sealed the wood with walnut oil and then finished it with my walnut oil/shellac mixture. Hope you like it.

Thanks, guys! You are right, Jim. It's not small. it's perfect for most tables. But it is a tad bit smaller than some of the 15" to 18" ones I will be roughing out soon. That is, as long as the creeks don't rise.

Thanks again, fellas! I love turning pecan, Jeff. It's really good looking a quite durable. Thanks, Roger. Not sure what to say! hehe You can always fill it up with M&M's, ya know? Peanut or Plain would work well. Probably not last very long either.