It's Friday! 8/28/2015 Edition

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
TGIF! Tonight I'm hanging the grandson mostly. Tomorrow I've got a little yard work to do, then planning to work on the Laundry room some more. Might do some brewing on Sunday.

What's everyone else got going?

I'm running a test cut of a detail for my swap project right now. If that works out, I'll set up the final run.

Saturday will be a bit more work on my swap project, but I also need to do some shop cleanup!

Sunday should be strictly a day of rest, although I'll probably throw some ribeyes on the grill just for fun!

Relaxing after a hectic week of family visits. Building a fret slot cutting jig so I can gear up for some holiday Cigar Box Guitar presents. Trying to kill the mole tearing up the garden. Maybe try out the new finger joint jig on some cajon drum boxes. Maybe think about posting on the procrastination thread. Dunno though.....

..... Maybe think about posting on the procrastination thread. Dunno though.....

:rofl::D:rofl:

Just stuffed myself with BBQ at a work meeting/lunch and will do the same tonight at my parents with my family and my sister's family as well. :) Need to get going on the swap project this weekend...also bought some closeout plants at lowes that need to get in ground ASAP so that will probably happen in the morning before shop time. Sunday is a family work picnic at a local amusement park like place...so probably overeating Sunday too. :doh:

Just spending time roughing out more pieces. Working on mortars and pestles right now. Need to get the raised beds ready for fall tomatoes and peppers. And, of course have to spend some extra time with the doggies! They act like I have been neglectful lately. Haven't been, but they think so.

No big plans for the weekend except for chores around the house. I'll be doing more shuffling of stuff between storage and the garage. We just emptied one of our storage units, so we're down to a single one that's mostly filled with shop tools. Of course there's nowhere to put the tools until we clear more space in the garage, but even if they are in the garage, I won't be able to hook them up until I do some electrical work (which I'm not going be able to afford until the job situation gets a bit better).

No music gigs this weekend, although we had a great time playing a show last night at one of our favorite bars. Fun crowd, and we saw a bunch of friends we've not seen in a while. We'll be in the same venue next month on the 22nd, and I'm expecting to have an out-of-town FW member drop in to see the show that night. Really looking forward to meeting him! :D

I mentioned below my cousin Frank who has cancer. Thank you for your prayers and good wishes; he has been moved from the surgical floor to a medical floor, and may be able to go home for a while. This proves that prayer works, or modern medicine.

Last edited: