Laser Printed Circuit board

I'll have to give diptrace a try.

Was playing around with the PCB design in Fritzing and compressed it down a bit. Also found a way to fill in the open areas with a 'copper fill'. This should run much faster. I might paint over the board and give this one a shot.

esp_copperfill.png

Gotta say, This one is looking like a winner. Managed to find a way to do a ground plane and copper fill.

Thanks John! Your advice made me want to pursue this. No I need to drill it and solder it up and see how it works.

Printed out in about an hour, which isn't bad, and I could speed it up by increasing the 'non-laser' speed.

20150906_173552.jpg

Gotta say, This one is looking like a winner. Managed to find a way to do a ground plane and copper fill.

Thanks John! Your advice made me want to pursue this. No I need to drill it and solder it up and see how it works.

Printed out in about an hour, which isn't bad, and I could speed it up by increasing the 'non-laser' speed.

View attachment 92169

Glad it worked out! This is a really interesting technique you're using.

From a guy that is COMPLETELY in the dark with electronics - I love this thread.

It fit WELL into a "makers" sort of posting.

I would love to be at least functional with electronics and threads like this are simply inspiring.

John - thank you for your postings - even I will watch your soldering videos.

Good idea just removing what little needs removed, that should definitely speed up the whole process. Now it's just the hard part... Design.. I always had my EE friends do that, but they've all moved on.

Good idea just removing what little needs removed, that should definitely speed up the whole process. Now it's just the hard part... Design.. I always had my EE friends do that, but they've all moved on.

That's what I kind of like about Fritzing. You can sit at the bread board and get it working, then document that using fritzing, and then it just converts it to a PCB layout for you.

Or, you could plan out what to do virtually on fritzing in the breadboard view, then transfer that to the breadboard and test the design. For a non EE person, its pretty easy.

V good pcb Brent. Keep in mind if u making rf comms device you can always use fr4 and etch it to make an antennae.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Interesting you should mention that. The device this is for (esp-01) is a wifi device that needs programming. This is a programming jig for it. The esp-01 has an onboard etched antenna.

Finally got around to soldering it up and I'll be darned, it worked so good I didn't need to program it or anything. Just connected the usb/serial converter and plugged in the ESP-01, opened up a terminal window and was able to connect and type commands and everything. And that is huge, to me at least :rofl:

Finished product. Soldering job was a little sloppy, but it worked!

20150914_185619.jpg20150914_185609.jpg