not really old....not even woodworkin`

tod evans

but this seemed like the right place for a kinda old, purchased from the original owner, still original tires, 1972 wheelhorse lawnmower...came with an old single bottom plow the original owner had converted from his paws horse-drawn plow...cast iron-n-horsepower:D ...
MVC-355S.JPG

MVC-356S.JPG

MVC-358S.JPG

Kewl! :thumb:

Those WheelHorses are great tractors, and yours looks like it's in nice shape. Restore in the schedule?

Here are mine...

1973 JD 140 H3 (Triple Hydraulics), 1990 JD 170 with blade, 2000 Craftsman LT1500, and my new 2006 Craftsman YS4500...

Last edited:
Those were great ol mowing machines.
I knew a guy that did custom mowing, took care of several old cemetaries.
A belt once in a while was all He ever did maintance wise.

Nice pieces of old arn!

Since we are doing a show and tell of cutting machines, may as well post this one I got last weekend for only 1400 bucks!
View attachment 8195

Yep, Case 1150 windrower. 14 foot cutting blade and is self-propelled. Uses sticks for steering so I can turn it on a dime.

Here's another view of it. In the background is my old swather that only had a 9 foot cutting blade. It is basically falling apart and I'm trying to sell it off for parts.
View attachment 8196

Did a test run of the Case and cut some weeds down. Here you can see the swath it left.
View attachment 8197

Matt. Is that alfalfa under the roll irrigator on the left, last pic?

wheel horse were great!

my father in law used to sel them.. solide as rock tod and if you need help gettin parts for it let me know,, my brother is into old garden trators big time. just ask steve ash! he has 2 large barns full of them.. way old ones to from the early 30's all differnt brands from bolens to you name its.. he is chair person for the michigan chapter of collectors... i call it junk he calls it money in the bank:D when he gets done with them they lok as good as new..decals and all.. mow away my friend, but the tall stuff save till its ready:)

Since we are showing pics of mowing machines, here is my wife on our JD lawn mower, just don't any body tell her she is on the net....I'll be in trouble.

Stu, I hope you don't find the image of another forum on that picture to be offensive and need to photoshop it.:rolleyes:

Attachments

• jash.jpg
    jash.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 51
larry, i`d appreiciate it if you`d send me some info......i`d like to clean the `ol girl up some over the winter and would like to stick to original equipment if at all possible......this thing is built to be maintained and not thrown away like the new ones...grease zerks on everything that moves!

OK, I didn’t want to rub yer faces in it but you left me no choice.

Nice Homelite Bruce Great Hat.

I just couldn't help it either since I have people to do that kind of work I've included my favorite cutter.:D :thumb: :wave: :rofl: :rofl:

Here is a picture of a tractor like the one I grew up with a Earthmaster with a 4 cyl continental motor.

Attachments

• 1940 Delta Unisaw 033T.jpg
    1940 Delta Unisaw 033T.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 22
  • 8251.jpg
    8251.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
no ed, the wife`s been push mowing 2+ acres at home......figured i`d get something that i could work on when she mows rocks:eek:

I hear the rocks :( :(

I seriously think the old timers in MO/ARK fertilized the rocks around here.:rofl: