Question for tecno geeks .... wireless touch pads

Don Baer

Staff member
I am thinking about getting one and wonder if anyone has any insight for me. The most popular seems to be the logitech T650 (link) but I am open to any suggestions.

The latest and greatest new software from some of the insurance companies I represent for my medicare clients is designed for use on a tablet where the client will be signing on a tablet but after trying the software i find that it runs better and is easier to use on a laptop. The software will allow them to also sign using the mouse pad on the lap top but that also is a bit awkward so I am thinking that if I had a wireless mouse pad that I could just have them to use to capture their signature that I would be a lot simpler for the client. Remember many of these folks I am dealing with are getting up and years and technology scares em.

Any how I am open to suggestions.

PS presently I use the older version of this software on my laptop with an USB signature pad and it works very well and has served me well for 5 years but the tell me the old usb signature pad will not worth with the new software. ( soon will have 2 usb signature pads for sale real cheap).

I have been using the T650 since win8 first came out, because using a mouse was next to impossible. You will be very happy with it, makes nav win8 very easy. Battery life is good, not great but pretty good, I plug in about every week with heavy use. Normal use a little longer, the month thing they trout is a little inflated. I just leave the USB cord plugged into my computer and plug it up overnight when it gets low. You will need the SetPoint software, it will run without it under windows, but the setpoint makes it so much better, much more control. I did have one small problem, the rec/trans plugs into a USB port, when I initially tried it in back of the computer got some interference from some other stuff (probably all the cables and other usb devices) , had to move it to the slot in front, no big deal, it is so TINY, my cover still closed with it in and my TouchPad is well over 6 feet away. Little bit of a learning curve, but well worth it.

Last edited:
Just checked my receipts and I got mine from NewEgg back in Aug 2013...lol...for $57 so they are a little cheaper, but more important you'll be happy to hear it is two years old and still looks brand new and works as good as ever, didn't realize I have had it that long.