LED question

I'm thinking about building a shadow box of sorts that will have a vinyl logo on the inside with frosted glass around it. Does that make sense? I haven't decided on the exact depth of the box yet, maybe 3" or so deep. I'd like to back light it with LED's, but I don't have a clue about using them. I was thinking about using the strip type on the inside of the box. Is heat a problem with LED's? Can someone give me some advice about them? Any suppliers that you've used etc.

Thanks

John,
In one of my many carriers I sold sign for commercial building the lighted kind that you see on the outside of building that are back lite so you can see m at night. I the old day they always used florescent tubes but now they all use leds. The last longer are easier to install and far less cost. I think if they work for commercial signs they would be fine for your use.

jmho

The led strips work really well, can cut them every 3" or so, max length of about 16' for a typical strip. They put off little to no heat. I buy them on amazon or ebay (have had wiring issues with the ones from ebay), but recently started buying from this place. https://www.superbrightleds.com

They are located in the St. Louis, MO area, I've been happy with their products so far.

For what it's worth, I've got a strip of leds on the back of my television for ambient backlighting. Uses very little energy and runs off a usb out on the tv. No discernible heat at all.

I ordered and received some tape, rrremote control drivers, and some wall-wart power supplies. I think I got enough to do 4 signs for about $30 including shipping. Got them from BangGood. Haven't hooked any up yet.