First Cigar Box Guitar (CBG) Build

Time to wrap this up. Attached the lipstick pick up to the lid with some brass machine bolts so it can be adjusted without having to remove the box top. Read that the strings also needed to be grounded so I sandwiched a short piece of bare wire between the bridge and the box top and then soldered the other end to the volume control. The top got screwed on by the corner protectors and is also held on by the bridge. I used the holes previously drilled through the bridge and bottom of the box as a guide to drill back up through the top from the back and added the little grommets to hold the string ends, completing the through body string path. Sprayed the box top with a few coats of rattle can lacquer to protect the graphics.
Guitar 003.jpgGuitar 005.jpg

The rest of the guitar got five plus (I lost count) coats of Waterlox Original Sealer/Finish. After it cures for 30 days it will get buffed. Got her all strung up using the middle four strings from a standard set and tuned to open G. I really like the way this bridge adjusts for string height and intonation. The zero fret seems to work as expected and, totally by accident, the string height came out perfect. She sounds as good as she looks. Got a nice dirty sound....a real floozy. Maybe I should sprinkle her with some "aroma", so she smells purty too. Lavender oil?
DSC_5872C1.jpgDSC_5869.jpgDSC_5880C1.jpgDSC_5873C1.jpgDSC_5860C1.jpgDSC_5874C1.jpg

Meanwhile, the snack lady brought me some ghostly sugar cookies to celebrate. When I can figure out how to make a movie, I'll post some noise. Thanks for looking.
Guitar 001.jpgDSC_5888C2.jpg

:score::score::headbang: As Brent so aptly said you knocked it out the park. Someone is going to be sooooo happy with that CBG . Great box selection excellent built and the "je ne sais quoi" is the burl head. :clap::clap: