And one for you casters

The proper thing would be a bacon handled knife to cut more bacon on a bacon resin cast cutting board to make more bacon handles LOL

It's bacon all the way down!!!!

It seems like the main trick would be to make absolutely positively sure that the bacon was and stayed entirely encased. A break in the seal could be bad... real bad.

seems like this could have some risks

I have a strong feeling that bacon everywhere would be hazardous to my health, at the very least my waistline! Lard is still a very useful lubricant for cutting some things in a machine shop. For reasons I don't know bacon grease is even better. To test this I first had to fry up three pounds of thick sliced bacon to get the grease. It was a rough job but by diligently sticking with it, eating bacon three times a day and then some, it only took me a little over a day to get the grease.

I was turning some very contrary stainless steel. The screech of steel on steel inside the metal sea can I used as a shop was unbearable! Whipped out my can of bacon grease and peace was instantly restored. I hadn't counted on the smell of sizzling bacon filling the air. A man can only stand so much and after an hour of this I made an emergency run, . . . to the supermarket for more bacon! After that anytime I had to cut the more contrary metals I was careful to be sure I had plenty of thick sliced bacon on hand before starting the project. I can just picture the results if I was looking at bacon every time I picked up a tool. All of my doors would need modifications and I might have to tilt my lathe to be able to reach far enough to turn.

Hu