Stu, you and the dungeon okay??

Thanks for the concern, we are fine.

I happen to live in one of the safest parts of Tokyo, Shinjuku, the area was not badly devastated during the 1923 earthquake, because we are mostly on solid granite. After the quake the center of government was moved here because there were still many buildings standing. Shinjuku is the first area in Tokyo that got a lot of skyscrapers, again for the same reason. Also we are fairly high up here in my neighbourhood, in fact one of the highest points in Tokyo proper is just up the street. If we ever get flooded, then about 90% of Tokyo would be underwater, so we are just fine.

Cheers!

Well, you may be safe from quakes and floods, but I'll bet you can't buy a good green chile cheeseburger there, lol. :rofl:

Well there are some decent Mexican places, but would that Green Chile Cheeseburger be more TexMex or....?

I'm betting what passes for decent mexican food in Japan is about like what passes for decent Japanese food in the US. :D

The green chile cheeseburger is far from Tex-Mex. It's New Mexican (as in the state) all the way. Tex-Mex is centered around chili (note the different spelling...chili vs. chile), typically a tomato-based sauce with ground beef, onions, and some red chile powder. New Mexican is centered around either straight green chile (roasted, peeled, and chopped, sometimes cooked in a thickened cornstarch sauce) or what we call "red gravy" which is a essentially a roux with red chile powder, a bit of few other spices, and some water and oil. New Mexican food is influenced more by Spanish and Native American (Indian) cultures than it is the Mexican culture.

As far as I know, NM is the only state in the union where chains restaurants like McDonald's offers green chile with their hamburgers. (And that's only in a few cities, not state-wide.)

Stu

Hope you survived the quake. 5.2 according to the news, with Shinjuku getting the full jolt.

Take care and let us know how you are doing when you can.

Greg

Last edited:
Stu

Hope you survived the quake. 5.2 according to the news, with Shinjuku getting the full jolt.

Take care and let us know how you are doing when you can.

Greg
Holy blast from the past how are you Greg? :eek: :wave:

Yeah that one woke the wife and I up out of a deep sleep, it was a full 4 here on the JMA seismic scale, and we are on the 7th floor of a 7 floor building which means we really sway, pitch and roll, but it is supposed to. No damage, nothing much even fell over, but boy did it rock and roll for a long time, sure woke us up.

How you doing anyway Greg?

Cheers!

Stu,

Yeah, it's been a while... All my WW gear is still in boxes in the "Cave", so I haven't had much to say...

Work is very busy now, so that is why the delay in replying.

Glad you are fine. I remember the quake a few years ago, the one you posted video of on YouTube.

I do follow your adventures, the Studio build and the Chinese chairs. Very interesting and good work.

Cheers,

Greg