Friday once again

Wake up !
Today we remember all who died 14 years ago.
I'm not able to ride today in the ceremony downtown. Just to much work. That I'm very pleased with.
Hoping to spend Saturday out at the movies with Shelly and do dinner. Sunday Ride.

Last edited:
Headed down to the local bank in an hour. The bank and the Chamber of Commerce are hosting an annual "First Responders Burger Burn" for local police, firefighters, EMS, and veterans. I'm with the Chamber and a vet. I'll be there to haul tables and chairs and to say "Thank you" to the guys who keep us safe.

We have our niece and nephew this weekend so it's going to be crazy busy. Last count was 10 soccer games, a birthday party, art class, BBQ/bonfire, etc..and of course football on Sunday!!! Go Pack Go!

A little shop time today - mainly a couple of finish steps on my swap project - maybe even some cleanup!!!

Saturday I might even be able to get to the completion of my swap project, but a lot depends on what the boss has in mind. Of course, the Richmond race is on my agenda at 7pm - gotta see who's in or out!

Sunday - chill.....

Tonight will be time with the grandson, tomorrow we'll be going to a local wine festival in Independence with my brother and SIL, luckily my brother doesn't drink wine, so he's the DD. This is our 3rd year and it's at the place my wife and I got married, so always a good time to go visit. I've got a few auction finds that I need to deal with so will be getting pics done to resell some of them and ship some off. I've got some beer taps I've been drawing in vcarve and want to get them started. Other than that, yard work and some relaxing.

Shower today! ��. Can't tell you how good that felt. The things we take for granted. Otherwise more rehab and healing this weekend.

Thinking about the swap project. Wading through guitar electronics specifications. Freezing some really good stewed tomatoes. Planting some more fall broccoli, lettuce and collards. Still trying to catch that rabbit.

Potential rain on sunday, so I've got some hatches to batten down. A bunch of general outdoor clean up, and a bunch of weeding, and if I get bored, I can always stack some firewood.

Oh yeah, I've got a swap project I've started that I can make some progress on, and some other assorted old projects destined for completion.

It's all coming along, but am at the whim of the weather.

I'm in intercourse pa,spent the entire day in and out of quilting stores
Ate at millers smorgasbord , not worth the money, they been around since the beginning of time
Tomorrow I get to do the other quilting stores in other towns
The wife is happy
I'm about to kill myself
I have such an exciting life

Carol: showers are bliss! You can't really appreciate them until you've gone without, first 10+ years of my life never had one it was shared bath water on the wood stove. Ain't going back :D

Allen you're where now? ;). Remember happy wife happy life!

Hope to mostly get phase one of the swap project done and will hopefully be able to work on some storage shelving as well. We'll see how it goes.

Looks like I'll be busier than a clown nose salesman at a Shriner's convention. Saturday morning I'll be practicing at the range with my practical shooting club. Later in the day I'll be trying to get caught up on various chores around the house and getting in some quality guitar practice time. I've got two shows to play this coming week (including one with the new Pink Floyd tribute band), and two the following week as well.

Sunday morning LOML and I are headed to the NM State Fair for some high class eating (I think I'm gonna have to try the bacon wrapped deep fried green chile cheese burger. Or maybe the bacon wrapped macaroni & cheese balls. Or maybe both.) :D

Somewhere in the midst of the weekend I have a bunch of changes to make to a website I run for a turning tool company, including coming up with a new logo, updating the PayPal authorization process, removing some discontinued items from the catalog, and changing the backgrounds and other visual aspects of the site.

Ate at millers smorgasbord , not worth the money, they been around since the beginning of time
The wife is happy
I'm about to kill myself

Next stop Hamilton, MO for the Missouri Star Quilt Company chain of stores there - 6 at last count. I feel your pain. Kindle and I have become great friends on these trips.

The wife is happy
I'm about to kill myself

Well, I love quilting and sewing too. My lovely bride, not so much. She delivers babies but really doesn't have a hobby. I guess I'm a good wife.... lol. I do the cooking, sewing, car fixing, and house repair. A quick explanation, my parents retired to ranching when I was 9 but mom, sisters, and I moved to the ranch they bought while dad lived 6 hours away working in the oil field to pay off the farm. I learned to help feed cows, sew, cross-stitch, cook, and can and then when dad sold his business and moved to the ranch I learned to cut, rake, & bale hay, weld, braze, solder, and work on tractors. What an experience. lol

Next stop Hamilton, MO for the Missouri Star Quilt Company chain of stores there - 6 at last count. I feel your pain. Kindle and I have become great friends on these trips.

The problem with Hamilton is that there isn't anything else to do around there
It's on my wife's to do list
We went to a place called Obie's general store yesterday in goodville pa
Pr sq foot this tiny store has more fabric than any other store on planet earth
Right now as I sit here typing, after a very, very large breakfast of everything I'm not allowed to eat,my wife is out at another well known place here called zooks, and I'm sure my credit card is getting worked overtime as I type
She's lucky she's cute

The problem with Hamilton is that there isn't anything else to do around there
It's on my wife's to do list
We went to a place called Obie's general store yesterday in goodville pa
Pr sq foot this tiny store has more fabric than any other store on planet earth
Right now as I sit here typing, after a very, very large breakfast of everything I'm not allowed to eat,my wife is out at another well known place here called zooks, and I'm sure my credit card is getting worked overtime as I type
She's lucky she's cute

...or maybe https://www.quiltfest.com/activities.asp?id=8