Update Day 2 in Rehab.

Carol Reed

In Memoriam
Better day today. PT much lighter but I went dead white on them at one point and that was that. We are learning together what will work.

Shower this morning. Bliss!

Doc came in and is determined I stay here until the infusions are done - Oct. 15. Not a happy camper about that but he also said that when I could walk 75 feet I could go home. Wanna guess what my goal is?

So far Medicare and my insurance is covering everything. Big relief. Next week starts rounds of outside doctor visits. Sure there is a copay but I don't know how that will work yet. Our own Don Baer is making sure I get all my benefits and don't get messed over. Thank you, Don.

I am so proud of you guys. You care. You express it. You tell me you check in to read my daily updates. My world has gotten so small and you help widen my horizons. Thanks for keeping me part of the family in a very big way.

For what its worth, I am at Life Care of Escondido, 1980 Felicita Rd, Escondido, CA 92025 Room 201. In case you trip over a funny card you have to share. :rolleyes:

Keep it up! You've got this thing nailed I'm sure. And way to go Don helping out!

Looking forward to more good news, love getting the updates.

Sign of a good family is when we take of our own. Well done Don.
Keep at it Carol determination in spirit will get er done.
Sounds like you have a doc that cares which is good to see and a relief in its own way. Big guy is looking out for you.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Hey, Carol. We're here for ya. The most important thing is your Boss is behind you and covering your...well, you know what. Love ya, Gal!!!

I'm sure October 15 seems like forever away, but rushing things won't help in the grand scheme of things. Keep improving with your PT, keep getting healthier with the infusions, and keep using the family here to lean on however you see fit. :thumb:

Carol speedy rehab. Mind your tech and you'll up and about in notime. Prayers for fast healing.

Don I'm glad somebody understands the government medicare. Good job.

David

Just an observation this morning. Learning to drive my 38' big rig motorhome was easier than learning to drive a wheelchair in a straight line! :rofl:

You guys would be doubled up laughing if you could see me.

Just an observation this morning. Learning to drive my 38' big rig motorhome was easier than learning to drive a wheelchair in a straight line! :rofl:

You guys would be doubled up laughing if you could see me.

On the plus side, you've already got the cornering part down. :D

Carol,
I've been through the infusion process with my wife when she had the blood infection that wound up resulting in a stroke and open heart surgery... she went through 3 months of the infusion on two different occasions... the first in a nursing center and the second at home. In the nursing center she had a port inserted in her upper chest for the infusion and when she was home, it was a pick line in her arm and I attached the infusion ball to that.... if you don't have anyone at home to help, then that won't work for you. She had a similar infection some years ago that wasn't quite as serious as this last one and had the pick line in her bicep and could do the infusion herself... she continued to work through that one... not trying to scare you, her situation is much different than yours... but when she was in the nursing center she also went through rehab... she is also diabetic and has a back issue that's pretty much not treatable.. she has a couple of discs that were eaten away by the infection and a couple of vertebrae that have fused and at an odd angle that the doctor is very reluctant to mess with...

she loved the rehab and the people in rehab... they are some great people to work with... trust them and let them work their miracles for you... you'll be back on your feet in no time... just don't try to rush it and leave before you're back 100%.

We're all pulling for you.