Fids

I have used the hollow fids on braided rope to create several multi-lead leashes for friends with hunting dogs. They work well and have yet to come apart. Actually, each package of the braided rope had a fid in it.

I liked Mike's method of making what amounts to a Chinese finger. I want to put loops in the end of ropes to help tie loads. The loop goes over a hook. The other goes around an opposite hook and then in tied in a trucker's cinch knot.

I liked Mike's method of making what amounts to a Chinese finger. I want to put loops in the end of ropes to help tie loads. The loop goes over a hook. The other goes around an opposite hook and then in tied in a trucker's cinch knot.

Yep that ought to work and its dead simple :thumb: As Ted noted sometimes the coils of rope come with a properly sized fid which is nice because you know it'll be easy to use.

I wasn't sure if you wanted to take up decorative knotting during your convalescence :D If that triggers any ideas let me know and we can see about doing something for that ;)