Thread: Tuesday update

Tuesday update

Another shower day! Sure is easy to take daily showers for granted. Tummy is doing better. I feel more alert. PT is tough but I am trying to be tougher. Pain is not yet all together manageable without meds though they don't bother me. It is the antibiotic one that trips over the tummy.
    ++++++

Some say the land of milk and honey; others say the land of fruits and nuts. All together my sort of heaven.

Power is not taken. It is given. Who have you given yours to? Hmmmm?

Carol Reed

Carol,

I haven't chimed in as yet but have been constantly talking to the boss. It is great to see your progress. If I was a 'data' analyzer, I would say your chart is nothing but upward and onward. Simply great.

As for the wheel chair thing ... I am sure someone in the family could design one with a steering wheel like your 38 footer ... then you would be racing around for sure.

Keep the updates coming. The best from all of us.

Thanks for keeping us posted, Carol. Onward and upward!!!
    Bill Arnold
    Citizen of Texas residing in Georgia.
    NRA Life Member and Member of Mensa
    My Weather Underground station

Hope and praying each day is better Carol.

Hi,

I'm still here and following your threads.
    You sound so "Up." I hope that is true. More power to you.

Enjoy,
    JimB
    First of all you have to be smarter than the machine.
    VOTING MEMBER

You said the antibiotics really messed with your stomach, I have the same problem, then a doctor friend of mine told me to insist on getting the generic version of the various antibiotics prescribed to me, she said the often the name brand versions have fillers, and dyes that can often upset one's stomach, so it was not the antibiotics per say, but the other things in the pill.

Worked for me.

Best of luck!
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

I do feel up, Jim. Getting down will not help my situation. I am far from being out of the woods and things can still go south. Far too much swelling that the water pills and kidneys are not handling well enough. We will see how it goes. I hope to get back to my former mobility. The amputation will not prevent that but the kidneys may very well curtail me. Everything else can be managed. So, yes, constant conversation with the Boss continues.
    ++++++

Some say the land of milk and honey; others say the land of fruits and nuts. All together my sort of heaven.

Power is not taken. It is given. Who have you given yours to? Hmmmm?

Carol Reed

Thanks for the update, Carol. Glad to hear your tummy's doing better. Your positive attitude is some of the best medicine you can take.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Keep at it Sister. Recovery as one gets older takes longer but your attitude will speed things along for sure. Know that we are all pushing and pulling for you in the background.

BTW any chance a walker would do you better than a wheelchair? Only asking because at the time of my knee surgery the very mention of a walker sent me off the deep end. I wanted crutches. Dont know who talked me into listening but i got a walker and there was no looking back. I had previously spent time on crutches and by comparison it was no fun. I can understand a foot is different but once i got the hang of the walker i was up and away and it only took one walk to convince me. Mine folds so it makes it a snap to get it into the car. Of course i dont use it anymore were you closer i would have had it in your hands already to try out.

Keep the goals you have in mind at the forefront and know this is only a bump in the road. All the best.
    cheers

"I will lift up my eyes unto the hills, O whence cometh my help? My help cometh from the LORD, who made heaven and earth." Be strong in the Lord.
    Cheers,
    Roger

The other member of Mensa, but not the NRA

Everyone is a self-made person.

"The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their veracity" -Abraham Lincoln