Chinese CNC Router

Leo Voisine

1300 * 1300 * 254 (51" x 51" x 10")

HIWIN square rails (very similar to industrial linear guide)

Mach3 Control System

Rack and Pinion Drives

Yako 2811 drive

YK86HB118-06A NEMA-34 steppers (1200 oz-in)

200mm Rotary Axis (8" diameter - 51 inches long bed)

3.2 Kw water cooled ER20 collet (about 4 hp -- can hold 1/2 shank tool)

4-th axis fully integrated with axis drive - installed

Welded Steel Base

Thick Aluminum Table

Mach3 card - with WHB04 handwheel

USB Cable to connect machine to computer

IMG_6782(1).jpg

QQ图片20150414144534.jpgQQ图片20150414144540.jpgQQ图片20150414144545.jpg

IMG_20140623_135821.jpg

I JUST ORDERED IT

:lurk:

I know what some of those words meant (but not all of them - lucky for web search :D). Looks like a heck of a machine, will certainly be fun to see what you can do with it.

I am torn between emotions.

1) This is a MAJOR HUGE investment into my shop - I am really nervous about it.

2) I am soooooo excited to be able to have such a thing as this.

I keep looking at the price differences between ShopBot, Camaster, MultiCam and then this machine.

This will be in my shop and running at about $7200 - (already mostly paid for by sales)- (and a small loan from my savings account) - (no financing) - then the comparative price of at least $18,000 for the others, not including the shipping or the huge rotary axis.

The build on this thing is RIGID - not at all wimpy.

I know 3-4 US owners - they love it. I trust those people.

Still --- HUGE investment

I keep trying to keep it in perspective

It has value and can be resold if need be.
It is a better value that a vacation to Hawaii or Alaska
I don't play with Snowmobiles, jet skis, boats or airplanes.
I -- WILL -- make money with it.

Ohhh - now, I can't wait to get it.

Now, I just need to sell my other 2 CNC Routers and some other stuff I have collected along the way - Stepper motors, 4" 3 jaw chuck, structural aluminum extrusion, and some other stuff. I need to pay for this rest of the way to this machine.

Congratulations Leo. If you know of other US users then i dont see the issue of risk on your part. At the price its an excellent deal. Amazing what the US$ buys you. In reality $7200 is not real money in this business yet thats a real machine and you have more than enough skill and years in the field to know how to make it pay. No risk to you really.

I have a question on a unit this size are the motors going to be 3 phase 220v if so whats your plan for power at a home shop or are you taking a leap into a commercial unit for this unit.

Can you give us some idea of its accuracy, I am just curious to be able to compare how precise it can be relative to anything else we know of.

This is the way to go in my view when you put a price on your time as opposed to building one. You can be up and running in no time making money in comparison to building it oneself. Of course if thats also fun suppose it depends what one wants.

So from a software point of view what is the Operating System of this machine going to be? I guess you will be able to use all your existing software to run this as the driver is Mach3 correct?

Sure a good sized investment, but I think you have proved that you can make money on this work, so I'd not be worried too much about it.

Best of luck!

Congratulations Leo. If you know of other US users then i dont see the issue of risk on your part. At the price its an excellent deal. Amazing what the US$ buys you. In reality $7200 is not real money in this business yet thats a real machine and you have more than enough skill and years in the field to know how to make it pay. No risk to you really.

I have a question on a unit this size are the motors going to be 3 phase 220v if so whats your plan for power at a home shop or are you taking a leap into a commercial unit for this unit.

Can you give us some idea of its accuracy, I am just curious to be able to compare how precise it can be relative to anything else we know of.

This is the way to go in my view when you put a price on your time as opposed to building one. You can be up and running in no time making money in comparison to building it oneself. Of course if thats also fun suppose it depends what one wants.

So from a software point of view what is the Operating System of this machine going to be? I guess you will be able to use all your existing software to run this as the driver is Mach3 correct?

Actually there are 1-2 Canadians in the local owners. How can I go wrong?

It is wired 220v single phase. I already have that in the shop wired with 10GA to a 30 amp breaker.
The spindle is 220v - not sure of the amps -- 3.2 Kw. I am sure I can drive that.

The drive motors are likely 24 to 48 volts, Stepper motors. They are NEMA-34 at 1200 oz-in. I know that sounds a little greek - but - they are very powerful.

I have a BS degree in Machine Design. I can very well design and build, even to the point to machine all the parts - but - that is just not where I want to be. I have a good enough background to KNOW precisely what I am looking at and what will satisfy my "desires". This is it. It would take me at least a full year to build one, and still it would not come to the Chinese standards on this machine. I cannot make a welded steel base. I still would need to purchase the rotary axis, yet have never seen one like the one I will be getting. Though I have not yet touched it - I know it. Melissa Jones from Nice Carvings, a world renown sign artist/maker traded in a ShopBot for this same brand. She said it if FAR superior to the ShopBot. That means a LOT to me as she is a commercial heavy duty every day user.

Operating system is Mach3 --- VERY VERY VERY common operating software. That is what I am using now on my smaller machine that is now for sale.

On the precision - routers are not really precise anyway. You gotta remember, to me Precision in the the millionths of an inch world. Also Precision is measured in a number of ways. There is generally reliability and repeatability. I expect to be .001" or less on both accounts. I will be measuring it after it is setup. One of the reasons I like this machine is the products that go into the build. The HiWIN rails will ADD a great deal to the precision of the machine.

As to my CAD/CAM software and compatibility - nothing changes. Everything is the same. All files I have now will work without any modifications at all. I have 100% confidence in that.

As to price comparison - the brand name machines are 3-5 times more money. If I needed to sell my machine I could turn a profit. If I needed to sell a brand name machine, I would take a small loss.

As to price to build. At the full cost with machine operating on my shop floor - I could not build it for the same price.

YES - this IS an "investment" to me - not just a hobby toy. Actually it will serve both purposes.

Is this for everyone - NOOOO

In the sign making world - this is a SMALL machine.

I set out years ago to make my hobby - self sustaining. Well it can take me and Diane to a dinner and movies night from time to time - oh, and pay for Dianes Scrapbooking hobby too. Errr - part of my hobby IS doing business - I just love selling stuff and making stuff for sale.

Rob - you are a well accomplished businessman and I relish your input.

:woot::woot::woot::woot::woot:Congrats Leo :woot::woot::woot::woot::woot:

Can you tell us who you ended up dealing through and with I keep seeing a lot of good reports about Ann

Right now I am dealing direct with the factory in China.

One of the Sign makers here is setting up to be a distributor for them on the US soil.

In dealing direct - I have contracted a Customs Broker to do the import stuff for me.

It's all part of the cost.

Getting the machine From China and into my shop is a cost of about $2000 over the machine price.

Build Process

My new router is in process of being built.

There was a delay due to the Chinese Mid Autumn holiday, but Annie said it should be done in 5 days then a 2 day testing.

QQ图片20151010134258.jpg

The Frame is nice and open in the middle. I will be able to make a way to mount stuff vertically.

QQ图片20151010134305.jpg

3.5 Kw (4 hp) ER-20 water cooled Spindle - whoohoo

QQ图片20151010134332.jpgQQ图片20151010134302.jpg

HiWin Linear Rails - Rack and Pinion Drives - NEMA 34 stepper motors

QQ图片20151010134243.jpg

I don't know what this is - maybe a water reservoir for the spindle?

QQ图片20151010134250.jpgQQ图片20151010134308.jpg

4 drives for 4 axis control - AC variable frequency drive for the spindle

Nice! That one picture looks like an oil pump to perhaps lube the rails/bearings. I saw a clear hose in one of the pics dropping down that way and in one of the pics there's a splitter with clear hoses running into it, probably to run off to all the rails/bearings.

As we say up where I'm from that's a might skookum looking machine!

Nice! That one picture looks like an oil pump to perhaps lube the rails/bearings. I saw a clear hose in one of the pics dropping down that way and in one of the pics there's a splitter with clear hoses running into it, probably to run off to all the rails/bearings.

Is that a common practice? I'd have thought most of the rail/bearing setups would be dry to minimize contaminate build up (but haven't seen any larger ones like this irl).