Chinese CNC Router

I feel hands in my pockets - and they ain't my hands.

I am thinking I can get it after the mystery hands empty my pockets.

Right now - it looks like somewhere around 11/28 - 11/30 or 12/1 or so.

I will take loads of pics and some videos

Darren - yer killin me wid all dat popcorn :)

So is the ship in Boston and its already offloaded container in NY? Or whole ship and container still in NY.?

Time will pass soon enough. They got an important job to do checking those containers. Can't take chances.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

The ship never came to Boston.

It offloaded in New York then went to other posts on the Atlantic side of the US south of New York.

My crate will be transported to Boston via road transport.

I had revieved a "pre" arrival notice from a location in Mass.

Confusing ---- I need to be patient.

Yes - the process is there for good reasons.

I need to be patient.

Congrats Leo. I'm currently shopping around for a cnc. With a list of upgrades that I need to make in my current setup as long as my arm, the cost of another vacuum pump, and the cost of the machine I'm expecting to be in the realm of about $125k.

One thing to consider is you need clean dry air. That accounts for $10k on my bill.

I've been looking at omnitech routers.

Congrats Leo. I'm currently shopping around for a cnc. With a list of upgrades that I need to make in my current setup as long as my arm, the cost of another vacuum pump, and the cost of the machine I'm expecting to be in the realm of about $125k.

One thing to consider is you need clean dry air. That accounts for $10k on my bill.

I've been looking at omnitech routers.

Karl,

I really admire your work.

One thing I do for living is to buy machinery. I have gone through the process many many times in the $50k to $1.5m price range.

You are most likely looking at machines with tool changers. Be Careful about those tool changers, they can become the bane of your existence if they don't work well. The rack system would likely be the better choice. With that there are tools held in holders. Your choices for holders may be for Capto(Seco, Sandvik) or HSK or KM (Kennametal). I have used all of those, and they are all equally good, none better than the other. If I were making the choice I would go with Capto, only because they are more readily available. The Capto patent ran out and they will be made by other companies at more competitive pricing. I would not do the heat shrink holders unless you are in a high production environment, which I don't think you are in. It's just more money for a small bang. I have worked with twin spindle and twin table CR Onsrud routers. Most of my experience is with metal cutting, but I know there are overlaps in the technologies.

If you want some help or advice about machine selection, I would be more than happy to help you.

Thanks for the offer Leo, I just started seriously considering a CNC a few months ago. I've been doing a fair amount of reading, but still have plenty to do. I'm at least two years out from pulling the trigger on anything.

I am looking at one with a tool changer. For what I need it to do, it's the only thing that makes sense I think. I need it to hammer through sheets in short order. If you want to take a peak at this and tell me what you think. I'm looking at the 5x10 model. For the money and the support they offer it seemed like a good value.

Yeah where is it :bounce: :stick::lurk::lurk: I was thinking about this last night. If we anxious and excited i can only imagine how you must be feeling. What a great winter project Leo being able to work on getting to know your machine over winter. :thumb:

Funny how the Chinese can "CUSTOM" build it, test it, move it from factory to export port. Then go to three more ports in China to load more containers, travel across the Pacific Ocean, through the Panama Canal, up the Eastern Atlantic, unload in NewYork - ALL on time - PERIOD. Think about that - what an amazing feat.

It was taken off the ship in New York ON TIME, November 20, just like the Chinese said it would.

It was due to arrive in Boston 11/28/15

As of 12/3/15 it is STILL there in New York. What "EXCUSES" do you want to hear!!! GRRRRRRRRR :bang::bang::bang:

Do you want a good broker recommendation? Sorry I cannot help you there.

Dealing with the Chinese was EASY, I will do that again in a heartbeat.

So --- Talk to me about American efficiency????

The Chinese Cargo Ship Xin Chong Qing has been to three more American ports, back through the Panama and back in the Pacific on the way back to get more cargo in China, since it left New York, all on a very timely schedule.

What's this all say about our productivity in North America. Now go figure why so much is outsourced. I used to be involved with a company that outsourced manufacturing devices they made to east and had their distributors place orders direct with manufacturer and manufacturer would ship globally just to avoid the issues u experiencing. Time for a wake up call if we want to keep a portion of trade as world moves on.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

I am a manufacturing engineer. Not the sort of engineer that wears a suit. Not the sort of engineer that has the title that was handed to me. I am degreed and I get my hands dirty every day, I also do the math and economics and business end. I see it daily and I know from the inside how it works and why the system it the way it is. I fully understand why my machine is where it is. I am disgusted with the entire game.

*****************************************************************************************

Soo - knowing what is happening - also helps me to push the system and get the engine to sputter a little - which is what I have been doing the last few days.

Duties are getting paid and small fires are getting lit.

If all goes well enough - I will bring home the Osprey --- SATURDAY.

At worst case Monday or Tuesday.

Ohhh - BTW - I think I got a few people "mad at me". I was going to use other words, but they are not family friendly.