Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wednesday update

Wednesday update

Another bad tummy night, but feeling better this morning. Appointment with the surgeon this morning. I am completely non-weight bearing on the foot, so the wheelchair for now. If the foot was the only issue, things would be moving along faster, but I have to deal with BP, BS and respiratory issues as well. Not to mention build up my upper body strength to handle the walker. I am an old lady, you know! But I ain't giving in.

Off to breakfast. Will report later today on what the doc had to say.
    ++++++

Some say the land of milk and honey; others say the land of fruits and nuts. All together my sort of heaven.

Power is not taken. It is given. Who have you given yours to? Hmmmm?

Carol Reed

Hope all the upcoming reports are good news!
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

Ditto what Jeff said! Forget the "old lady" stuff. Like my wife tells me: "I don't have time to get old!"
    Bill Arnold
    Citizen of Texas residing in Georgia.
    NRA Life Member and Member of Mensa
    My Weather Underground station

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    still pray'n for ya.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

One day at a time, sister. Pulling for you. I have experienced tummy problems with antibiotics also, but only after prolonged use. Seems they mess with stomach functions in some way. I increased my probiotic intake (kimchi) to compensate and it seemed to work. You might ask the docs about it?

Carol, if you feel up to it, I haven't diligently followed your daily progress. But did you get an artery replaced in your leg? My arm healed fast where they replaced the artery, the leg on the other hand where they harvested the vein from was another story. I also remember you donated a toe or two? I have been lax in following but not in talking with the man upstairs about and for you.
    Jon

God and family, the rest is icing on the cake. I'm so far behind, I think I'm in first place!

Host of the 2015 FAMILY WOODWORKING GATHERING

Thanks for the update, Carol. At this point, I'd bet the tummy issues are a lesser evil than an infection. Just take things one day at a time, and it'll all get better.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

The replacement artery was from a cadaver. Good for two or three months. Wonder what happens to it then?

OK. Good surgeon's report today. Good day today. PT went well. Tomorrow I will find out if I overdid it.
    ++++++

Some say the land of milk and honey; others say the land of fruits and nuts. All together my sort of heaven.

Power is not taken. It is given. Who have you given yours to? Hmmmm?

Carol Reed

Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

Quote Originally Posted by Carol Reed View Post
    The replacement artery was from a cadaver.....
    OMG!! What if the previous owner was a professional ballerina and that leg starts doing a Grand Jeté en tournent en manège!! Are you ready for that??
    Glad PT is going well