Wednesday update

Carol Reed

In Memoriam
Another bad tummy night, but feeling better this morning. Appointment with the surgeon this morning. I am completely non-weight bearing on the foot, so the wheelchair for now. If the foot was the only issue, things would be moving along faster, but I have to deal with BP, BS and respiratory issues as well. Not to mention build up my upper body strength to handle the walker. I am an old lady, you know! But I ain't giving in.

Off to breakfast. Will report later today on what the doc had to say.

One day at a time, sister. Pulling for you. I have experienced tummy problems with antibiotics also, but only after prolonged use. Seems they mess with stomach functions in some way. I increased my probiotic intake (kimchi) to compensate and it seemed to work. You might ask the docs about it?

Carol, if you feel up to it, I haven't diligently followed your daily progress. But did you get an artery replaced in your leg? My arm healed fast where they replaced the artery, the leg on the other hand where they harvested the vein from was another story. I also remember you donated a toe or two? I have been lax in following but not in talking with the man upstairs about and for you.

Thanks for the update, Carol. At this point, I'd bet the tummy issues are a lesser evil than an infection. Just take things one day at a time, and it'll all get better.

The replacement artery was from a cadaver. Good for two or three months. Wonder what happens to it then?

OK. Good surgeon's report today. Good day today. PT went well. Tomorrow I will find out if I overdid it.

Still following your progress... been through all this with LOML... she's doing as well now as she ever will... hoping the same for you.

Keep on moving, just remember they can't bury you until you stop moving.

You have a lot of love coming your way from this group and we still need you here.