It's Friday! 9/18/2015 Edition

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like it will be cooling off here tonight, high of 73 tomorrow. Spending time with the grandson tonight, but I think he goes to spend some time with dad tomorrow for a good part of the day, so planning to get a few things done around the house and try to pickup the shop a little. I've got several items I need to get on ebay or craigs list, so going to get those together and photograph them. May also take a load to good will and the restore for donations. Other than that, I've got a little yard work to do and try to relax a little.

What's everyone else got going?

Toni notified me where to ship my swap project, so will get it packed up today. I'm practicing on a couple of techniques on my CNC.

Saturday, I'll work on a small box that will go to my sister as well as do some test cuts of a process on my CNC.

Sunday will be the usual: brunch, chill, NASCAR, chill, etc.

Just a side note for all of you that have not yet completed your SWAP project .... 75 days to go until Thanksgiving (US that is) and the due date. If you are like me, I'll be busy this weekend trying to catch up with all of those that have slam dunked their project. Have a great one.

Just a side note for all of you that have not yet completed your SWAP project .... 75 days to go until Thanksgiving (US that is) and the due date. If you are like me, I'll be busy this weekend trying to catch up with all of those that have slam dunked their project. Have a great one.

Shipped my swap project and per the P/O. it was delivered to the front porch last Monday, but so far no response, Hopefully the recipient is on vacation, and it didn't get lost, or they are so disappointed that they are at a loss for words. Fingers crossed.

Grandma's 92nd so time to make some pies (not sure why we make pie and not cake, maybe it's because my pies are better).

Thanks for doing the math, I was kind of wondering how much time we had left :D. Seems like phase two may be a possibility!

Birthday for son with daughter in from Indianapolis to help. Good food and happy times. Can't figure how my kids got so old. I didn't. Maybe football game tonight if weather holds.
Happiness to all for a great weekend.
David

Just a side note for all of you that have not yet completed your SWAP project .... 75 days to go until Thanksgiving (US that is) and the due date.
Oh my goodness Brent must really be starting sweat a swap to finish as well as a table...:scram:

now my weekend will start in about an hour when I go u to the food bank to help out . Go to the Gym on Saturday and Sunday if I get back from church on time I catch the last of the oldest rivalry in football as the Cardinals (the oldest franchise) take on the Bears (the second oldest). GO CARDS..

Probably no work on the swap project this weekend.... 2 granddaughters are having their annual combindes birthday party so the family and I are driving up a couple hours away to watch the grandson in a football game and then to their party. I've got to finish up the last coat of paint on their presents, made them each a metal coat/backpack rack that is their name cut out of metal. Then Sunday to become reacquainted with the wife before another week sneaks up on us!

Big plans this weekend :D

Gonna visit a certain awesome pair a few hours to my north. A private showing of the 335 and a little Buddy Guy - should be a real treat :D

Planning to do lots of little stuff, and nothing monumental (as far as I know).

I need to fix a broken upholstered chair for my sister. It's been repaired incorrectly at least once, so it looks like this will primarily be a glue removal job, followed by some judicious application of epoxy.

Got the swamp cooler running last weekend (turned out to be a pair of blown fuses, likely due to the old motor going south) but I still need to put a new belt on it, so I'll be spending a bit of time on the roof.

The bass player in one of my bands is working on a worldwide recording project with a guy in Argentina. I'll be providing the recording gear and some coaching as I get him set up at home to record the bass tracks.

Fractal Audio (the makers of the Axe-Fx, the guitar amp modeler I use) just released yet another new firmware version, and once again, they made major improvements and enhancements to what's already the best amp modeler on the planet. So I'll be playing around with that a fair amount this weekend, too. We've got two shows this coming week, so I need to make sure everything is dialed in correctly. :D :guitar:

Big plans this weekend :D

Gonna visit a certain awesome pair a few hours to my north. A private showing of the 335 and a little Buddy Guy - should be a real treat :D

I'm envious!

My weekend has been multi tasking to the extreme so far.
Helping Linda paint bathroom.
Then working on components of my vacuum pump setup.

Also working on my electronics benches and making a few jigs for my table saw besides zci's using Bills tip of set screws for adjustment.
Just came in from a few hours at the Dp.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Thursday started Ocean City Md. Bike week. I had planned on riding down for the 4 days but ended up riding down Friday morning, stopping and one of the venues to get a new front tire , meet up with my group of friends and rode back this morning with Jarrods father in law who has a kick butt bike with a 30" front wheel and stretched out cromed out and clean. We been trying to get a ride in this summer and when Jarrod told me he was in OC he was planning on riding back this morning also. Great guy, chef of one of the fire departments.
Tomorrow , church and estimates .

Had to go to Virginia Tech Fri-Sat for some mandatory annual education to maintain my professional license. What an awesome campus! On the way home we visited some close friends that had just moved into a wonderful new house way out in the country. The were suffering from cable withdrawal and were forced to read real books. It was an eye opener to actually be able to see the stars at night without the interference of light pollution. Great weekend.