It's about time!

Sharon and I are traveling right now about midway through a 3800 mile, 5 week trip. Later today, God willing, we should arrive into Albuquerque where I plan on meeting up with 2 woodworking friends and their spouses.

Tomorrow night, Vaughn's biggest deaf fan plans on being in the crowd. He's never met me in person so I'll give him a hint. Look for a fat old man wearing glasses, sucking on a beer and rocking out! Wednesday we plan on having dinner with he and his lovely wife.

Don't worry Vaughn, my wife doesn't drink so she can bail me out if I get too rowdy.:rolleyes:

Looking forward to it!

I probably still have relatives in Albuquerque. From what I heard, you are very lucky going there after my grandfather passed away. He drove a Locomobile, well the red line under Locomobile tells me I don't know how to spell it or just plain got the name wrong, just think "General Sherman" tank. Anyway everybody in town knew that car and to stay the heck and gone away from it---you see, he was a judge with all of the bad characteristics that the movies give old judges. No body wanted to tangle with a tank driven by the judge.

My uncle Fred ran an upscale men's clothing store and owned a (or perhaps it was "the") radio station in town. He was a real nice guy even though (are you ready for this) he built a boat in his basement. He put off finishing it until his wife was out of town visiting relatives. Then he tore out the wall and retrieved the boat. Just like the comics.

I am just assuming that Vaughn can live up to my relatives way of life.

Enjoy your get-to-gather,
JimB

I'm very much looking forward to meeting you and Sharon tomorrow, Ken. :thumb: (I hope Bruce and his wife can come out, too.) I have another friend who's also going to be there. He and I worked together on several jobs back in my construction inspection days in the '80s...we've not seen each other for nearly 30 years. It's gonna be a fun night! :guitar:

Ken, I should be pretty easy to spot. I'll be the the old hippie-looking guy with awkward stage moves, standing in front of a rack of guitars with a big smile on my face. ;)

Well, we are in town. Tonight we had dinner at El Bruno's at the recommendation of the desk clerk. While driving I was trying to remember what year I worked here for 3 weeks at Lovelace Medical Center. It had to be 1980 or 1981. Any way, tonight I introduced Sharon to some local, respected New Mexican cooking. She liked it!

God willing, tomorrow night I'll be in the crowd.

Question. To post a video here, does it have be hosted at another website?

Last edited:
I've not eaten there before, but El Bruno's has a great reputation. The hardest part about finding good New Mexican food around here is picking which restaurant to go to. :D

As far as I know, videos posted here have to be hosted at any of these sites:

YouTube
Hulu
Vimeo
Dailymotion
Metacafe
Google
Facebook

Darren or Brent should be able to correct me if I'm wrong. (They're the Admins who really know how this stuff works. I'm just one of them because of my dashing good looks.)

I won't do anything without your permission Vaughn....but if you don't mind, I'll try to post a short video first loading it to FB and then linking to it here.

Our friend Vaughn is, indeed, skilled!

We spent the afternoon with some friends from that other site and then we went where Vaughn and his friends were playing!

Take me at my word! Vaughn is skilled!

I will post a video still tomorrow when I've sobered up!

Last edited:
It was great to meet you and Sharon tonight, Ken. :thumb: Thanks for the kind words.

I won't do anything without your permission Vaughn....but if you don't mind, I'll try to post a short video first loading it to FB and then linking to it here.

You're welcome to post a video. I embarrass myself in public all the time, so a video will be small potatoes, lol. Brent's suggestion to put it on YouTube is a good one...if it's on Facebook, only people with Facebook accounts will be able to see it.

Folks I am not having good luck getting the video to upload anywhere . I haven't figured out why. It uploads about 1/2 and then errors out.

But here's a photo to prove we did meet..

Attachments

• P1060596.jpg
    P1060596.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 31