Travel Ukuleles

Just finished up 8 of these Travel Ukuleles Concert and Tenors. I recessed the Bridges so the action would be lower and easier to play the one I copied from just put then on top and left the string REAL high and I didn't care for that at all so I modified them to my like-in.

Made from Walnut and Chinese Elm and Tattoo grips with Rod Piezo so they are Electric.
100_2452.jpg100_2453.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe it's the picture but that neck does look a bit wide, with a lot of space outside of the strings.

My tenor uke measures about 1 3/8" at the nut and 1 3/4" where it joins the body.

20150921_195039.jpg

Pretty darn cool. I could see that strapped to a back pack.

With a small battery powered amplifier!

shopping

Maybe it's the picture but that neck does look a bit wide, with a lot of space outside of the strings.

My tenor uke measures about 1 3/8" at the nut and 1 3/4" where it joins the body.

View attachment 92435

The spacing at the bridge is dictated by the groves in the Tattoo grips and is only 1" total spacing that is why I am looking into making my own grips to get the spacing wider at the nut. It dose not feel to bad playing it this way tho.

Very clever. Reminds me of the Backpacker guitar my son had. You might be on to something with those. Only thing I might do differently would be to quarter round the.....uh.....corners. Might be more comfortable to handle and hold. But would also be extra steps to make.