New Home for the CMS - Gloat

glenn bradley

I love my flip-top tool stand but often found myself wanting the planer and the CMS available at the same time. A post here put me on to the clearance sale on the Ridgid SUV so away I went.

The flip side of my planer position will be occupied by my belt/disc sander that was hurting for a home. The SUV takes up minimal room when stored on end in the folded down position.

Happy, happy.

Attachments

• Old CMS Stand.jpg
    Old CMS Stand.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 119
  • CMS Stand.jpg
    CMS Stand.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 139
Gee, Glen, how did "MY" CMS and Stand get in "YOUR" shop? I didn't even know you had been here.:huh: :D You sure made a fast trip though, because I just moved it around 4:00 Pm.:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You will enjoy it I'm sure, for I have sure enjoyed mine. It stores in minimal space, is easy to move around and sets up very quickly. I think they are a real bargain when they put them on that $99 sale about once or twice a year.

Congrats, Glenn. I sure like my MSUV, even though I don't keep anything attached to it. It's a handy workspace I can move out into the driveway for a variety of tasks. I don't see how they can fabricate, package and distribute the MSUV for the $100 sale price. (Or even the full price.)

thanks for moving my post Jeff, I wasn't sure where to put it. :doh: I have a dedicated chop saw (makita) in my shop but I have a 12" dewalt that I take to job sites. I am always tinkering with materials and I am wanting to build my own chop saw stand. I really like what Darren and Glenn have, that is the direction I want to go with. I was thinking of using heavy wall conduit or square tubing, (sort of like a reese hitch set up) where I can adjust the length of material to be cut. Plus wheels would make it very handy to move around with out throwing the old back out.:rolleyes: Rather than buying it, it would be the satisfaction of building it my self that would thrill me. Guess maybe the easiest way would be to take measurements of different styles and use the camera phone to even take some pics,:D and go from there. I was hoping some one might have even drew up some plans when they built their own. As my wise old grandfather once said, "regardless what you need, you can make it"
Virgil

Congrats, Glenn. I sure like my MSUV, even though I don't keep anything attached to it. It's a handy workspace I can move out into the driveway for a variety of tasks. I don't see how they can fabricate, package and distribute the MSUV for the $100 sale price. (Or even the full price.)

Because they are closing out the old style stand.

You can see the new stand here.

http://www.markandleah.com/reviews/ridgid_msuv.php

I have the old style stand.

Very cool Glenn. It sure beats throwing the CMS up onto a pair of sawhorses like I have to do! :eek:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

You might like your saw horses better with a CMS table similar to this one placed across the horses. It takes up minimal storage room standing, can easily be transported and the shelf area behind the fence provides a nice place for cut and un-cut pieces. Just drop it in and it's ready to cut.

Attachments

• Miter saw table.JPG
    Miter saw table.JPG
    39 KB · Views: 29
  • miter saw table closeup.JPG
    miter saw table closeup.JPG
    41.7 KB · Views: 18
Everybody, home depot is selling the new style stand for $99 as well. I bought one today. Not sure why but I read it on SMC and it is on fatwallet and slickdeals as well. If you want one you may want to hurry before this deal goes away. NEW style has rails.

AC9944.jpg

I also posted this in hot deals but if others read this thread I want them to know whats up.