Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I know it is FRIDAY!

I know it is FRIDAY!

Because I have to go to the wound care doctor each Friday until my foot is healed completely. May take until Christmas. A big hole to cover! Got a good report this morning, too!

Otherwise, its PT and football for me this weekend. But no football snacks. Poo!
    ++++++

Some say the land of milk and honey; others say the land of fruits and nuts. All together my sort of heaven.

Power is not taken. It is given. Who have you given yours to? Hmmmm?

Carol Reed

Celebrating 16yrs of marriage to the wife today...by going to a movie tonight with her and the daughter. I know romantic isn't it! It was her idea, so all is well... Rest of the weekend will be yard work, football and relaxation.
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

LOML and I spent the day out Thursday shopping in Valdosta. Among other stops, we went to Harbor Freight - nothing major to report - just a handful of miscellaneous stuff.

Today, I've been doing a bit of straightening in the shop along with doing a test carve on my CNC. I've been checking how some different fonts will work on a plaque; font has to be small to fit the way I want and if this latest doesn't suit me it'll on to Plan Q.

Saturday, I'll get more shop time - organizing and cleaning - can't put it off any longer! Then, NY strips, kielbasa and shrimp on the grill.

Sunday will be the usual: brunch, NASCAR, chill..........
    Last edited by Bill Arnold; 09-25-2015 at 07:59 PM. Reason: Change day for grillin' per the boss!!!
    Bill Arnold
    Citizen of Texas residing in Georgia.
    NRA Life Member and Member of Mensa
    My Weather Underground station

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    Not much happening her. Heading over to the food bank shorty to help out with the distribution. Go a phone guy coming over tomorrow to try to figure out why the land line don't work. (second trip for them). Sunday morn church followed by watching the Cards Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cardinals.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	3.6 KB 
ID:	92463 to see if they can make it 3-0 . they're playing the San Francisco whiners.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Just got done setting up the sound system for a show we're playing tomorrow morning on an abandoned runway at the Albuquerque airport. We're providing the music for the Pulling For Kids event, a "plane tug" which will benefit the Boys & Girls Clubs of Central New Mexico. Teams of 20 people will each try to see who can pull a Boeing 727 the fastest. The plane weighs 20 tons and each "pull" is for 20 feet. We played at a similar event last year and it was fun, but not a lot of people showed up. Hopefully it has been promoted better this year. We've been told by the organizers to expect to see a bigger crowd.

The rest of the weekend will be spent keeping up with chores around the house, relaxing, and practicing some new material for the Pink Floyd tribute band.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Not much, MEss around with some chores around the ranch, hopefully get in some shoptime Saturday. Probably have to do some work/work on Sunday.
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

Putter, putter, putter, freeze some stewed tomatoes, play with the CBG build, think about swap project, putter, putter, putter.

carol, having followed along on the post op threads, Id advise against any football playing until the foot heals a bit better.

I undertook a project , whats the expression, bit off more than one can chew?

its a huge box, a wardrobe cabinet, 6 feet wide by 81 inches high.

And I have to break it down because it wont fit up the stairs where its final home is.

there isn't enough room in my garage to maneuver the boxes around, its becoming a real hassle, but tomorrow my wife will assist me as I attach and clamp one side, made that side in two pieces and now Im clamping them together, just an ease of handling thing.

I consider it a big box since I can stand in only half of it with room to spare.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 001.JPG  
    Human Test Dummy

Quote Originally Posted by allen levine View Post
    ... I undertook a project , whats the expression, bit off more than one can chew? ...
    It's the old adage: How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time!!!!!
    Bill Arnold
    Citizen of Texas residing in Georgia.
    NRA Life Member and Member of Mensa
    My Weather Underground station

Saturday is my usual market day... hoping the rain lets up and holds off till the market is over.

Saturday night both my boys will be here to help Dianne and I celebrate our birthdays... mine from last week and Dianne's 2 weeks.

Sunday, kick back and watch football.
    Chuck
    Tellico Plains, TN
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/TellicoTurnings
    My parents taught me to respect my elders, but it's getting harder and harder to find any.
    If you go looking for trouble, it will usually find you.