I know it is FRIDAY!

Carol Reed

In Memoriam
Because I have to go to the wound care doctor each Friday until my foot is healed completely. May take until Christmas. A big hole to cover! Got a good report this morning, too!

Otherwise, its PT and football for me this weekend. But no football snacks. Poo!

Celebrating 16yrs of marriage to the wife today...by going to a movie tonight with her and the daughter. I know romantic isn't it! :huh::D It was her idea, so all is well...:) Rest of the weekend will be yard work, football and relaxation.

LOML and I spent the day out Thursday shopping in Valdosta. Among other stops, we went to Harbor Freight - nothing major to report - just a handful of miscellaneous stuff.

Today, I've been doing a bit of straightening in the shop along with doing a test carve on my CNC. I've been checking how some different fonts will work on a plaque; font has to be small to fit the way I want and if this latest doesn't suit me it'll on to Plan Q.

Saturday, I'll get more shop time - organizing and cleaning - can't put it off any longer! Then, NY strips, kielbasa and shrimp on the grill.

Sunday will be the usual: brunch, NASCAR, chill..........

Last edited:
Not much happening her. Heading over to the food bank shorty to help out with the distribution. Go a phone guy coming over tomorrow to try to figure out why the land line don't work. (second trip for them). Sunday morn church followed by watching the Cards cardinals.jpg to see if they can make it 3-0 . they're playing the San Francisco whiners.

Just got done setting up the sound system for a show we're playing tomorrow morning on an abandoned runway at the Albuquerque airport. We're providing the music for the Pulling For Kids event, a "plane tug" which will benefit the Boys & Girls Clubs of Central New Mexico. Teams of 20 people will each try to see who can pull a Boeing 727 the fastest. The plane weighs 20 tons and each "pull" is for 20 feet. We played at a similar event last year and it was fun, but not a lot of people showed up. Hopefully it has been promoted better this year. We've been told by the organizers to expect to see a bigger crowd.

The rest of the weekend will be spent keeping up with chores around the house, relaxing, and practicing some new material for the Pink Floyd tribute band. :thumb:

Not much, MEss around with some chores around the ranch, hopefully get in some shoptime Saturday. Probably have to do some work/work on Sunday.

carol, having followed along on the post op threads, Id advise against any football playing until the foot heals a bit better.

I undertook a project , whats the expression, bit off more than one can chew?

its a huge box, a wardrobe cabinet, 6 feet wide by 81 inches high.

And I have to break it down because it wont fit up the stairs where its final home is.

there isn't enough room in my garage to maneuver the boxes around, its becoming a real hassle, but tomorrow my wife will assist me as I attach and clamp one side, made that side in two pieces and now Im clamping them together, just an ease of handling thing.

I consider it a big box since I can stand in only half of it with room to spare.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    100.2 KB · Views: 22
Saturday is my usual market day... hoping the rain lets up and holds off till the market is over.

Saturday night both my boys will be here to help Dianne and I celebrate our birthdays... mine from last week and Dianne's 2 weeks.

Sunday, kick back and watch football.

Celebrating 18 years with my wife this weekend. Doing some wall repairs for my wife grandparents. Might stop at the grizzly store tomorrow for a bit. Congrats Jeff and Mrs. Jeff!

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Saturday got to finish cleaning out the garage. what a mess :(

I have to be at the NASCAR track in Louden, NH at 6am for the Sprint cup 300. Our local Lions club volunteers about 20 of us to work as screeners at the entrance. Our club gets a nice donation from the track for our help. Long noisy day though :biker:

Just back from four days in Niagara (Canadian side) area. Very enjoyable mini-vacation. Now for the weekend's yardwork, etc.

Leaves are starting to fall, so it won't be long until that becomes a daily chore. I did buy a new leaf vac trailer last month, though, so that'll hopefully make the chore easier than past years.

Sunny and cool (just 13C this afternoon) so nice weather for outdoor jobs. I think I'll start with a couple of hours on the grass trimmer in some of that jungle around the big barn and give the cat a clear view. I heard a sharp squeak from the tall grass this morning that might have been a rat.
Then there's the woodpile to go in...

Just back from four days in Niagara (Canadian side) area. Very enjoyable mini-vacation. Now for the weekend's yardwork, etc.

Leaves are starting to fall, so it won't be long until that becomes a daily chore. I did buy a new leaf vac trailer last month, though, so that'll hopefully make the chore easier than past years.

Is that a Cyclone Rake, Jim? We've had one for more than 10 years. Great machine.

Is that a Cyclone Rake, Jim? We've had one for more than 10 years. Great machine.

I opted for the biggest model of DR. Even has electric start. I particularly wanted the 8" diameter hose. It marries up nicely to my JD X360.

My old Agri-Fab only had a 6" hose, and it clogged pretty frequently.