Well this project has taken me a fair bit of time of late finished it up late yesterday.
I have become afraid of myself and the near misses that i have escaped on the table saw. So i figured take a leaf out of all your books and pause a while to setup properly and make it safe.
I saw a couple of red soft poly wheels many years ago at a woodworking show in Toronto. They for sale by Stockroom Supply. They sell them as hold downs for their sander.
At the time i just purchased the wheels.
Well i had always planned to mount them on a fence and that is what i did. Of course this turned out to be easier said than done when i actually got down to the need i would have.
So here is the finished fence setup on my ts fence.
this is how the wheel is mounted. I wanted it adjustable in height and to be able to slide it across the fence.
Used a piece of T slot width aluminium track and cut another piece of solid aluminium to act as a runner.
Then cut a couple of T track oval nuts (the thin oval strips that have a hole tapped in them) and cut a slot in rear of my runner mounted the cut nuts with two big brass screws. This turned out to be a load of grinding and filing to get it down to sliding in the T slots smoothly. Then cut some of the same T track and slotted it then tapped it and Finally mounted the red wheel. Then all i had to do was drill and tap a hole for the sliding stop knob.
To make the fence i used 18mm Bb ply and then added a piece of rockmaple planned to have the combined thickness of the ply and maple equal 1.5" exactly so i know i can use my fence measuring system.
Then two rockler clamps came in handy but i thought i would show two mods.
what you see is a nut i added to the front of the rockler clamp this fastens it up and makes it much more solid try it of u use these clamps. Btw had to bend one a bit to make sure it was 90 degrees.
Then during research i had found a thread posted by Larry (grey beard ) where he had made a rip fence and warned of damage done by these clamps to other side of the fence when clamping down. So i cut some leather discs and epoxied them to the metal washers on the clamps.
Now i still have one thing left to do on this fence.
At present the t track is pressed in reasonably tight. But i am looking for advice and opinions on how to secure it permanently. I am thinking perhaps epoxy what say you all.
Apologies for the poor pics. I was so busy today never got to take any and this was best the cell phone would do in the garage where lighting is at best poor.
Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk