Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Friday!

Escondido, CA

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Friday Baby.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	13.7 KB 
ID:	92574

Same as last weekend. Hope the football is better though.

Not same as last weekend. Comedy of errors this morning. Facility failed to arrange transport for doctor's appointment. Had to be rescheduled. Whole day is now thrown out of whack. My days are actually rather finely choreographed with scheduled activities, none of which are social. When one gets screwed up, the apples can fall. Morning has been lost. Missed my shower for the end of this week. And everything else is late; dressing change, leg wraps, etc. Not a happy camper today.
    Last edited by Carol Reed; 10-02-2015 at 05:17 PM. Reason: change of status.

Some say the land of milk and honey; others say the land of fruits and nuts. All together my sort of heaven.

Power is not taken. It is given. Who have you given yours to? Hmmmm?

Carol Reed

DSM, IA
    Hope your weekend is continued success Carol! I'm heading back to my hometown for a class reunion...can't believe it's been a quarter century since I left high school!! Might be a solo trip as the daughter got sick late last night and it has continued thru this morning. Will be back in time for the Packer's game on Sunday...hopefully the daughter is back to normal and we can make some chili and other good food for the game/evening.
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

Nova Scotia, 45°N 64°W
    Road trip, and breakfast with a friend Sunday morning

East Freeetown, Massachusetts
    Swap Project ---- drawer fronts for a cabinet I am making --- miter saw cabinet ---

Reno NV
    Done with the swap, Done with work, hopefully, might be able to make some stuff in the shop.
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

Thomasville, GA
    Slept in for a while this morning, then LOML and I had lunch at Longhorn Steakhouse. I'll do some sanding on an anniversary plaque I finished cutting on my cnc yesterday and start the cuts for another plaque this afternoon.

Saturday will bring more shop time on some cnc items along with some cleanup.

NASCAR might be a rainout this weekend thanks to Joaquin, so Sunday might be just brunch and a long nap!!!
    Bill Arnold
    Citizen of Texas residing in Georgia.
    NRA Life Member
    Member of Mensa
    Live every day like it's your last, but don't forget to stop and smell the roses.

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    Quite weekend volunteer time at the ole food bank this afternoon, Saturday i think i'll make a pot of soup to freeze for later, I'll also be spending time getting my duck in line for my busy 7 week period for the Medicare open enrollment season starts in just 13 day. I plan on going to the gym on Saturday also. Sunday morn, church followed by watching The Arizona Cardinals take on the Lams...Go Cardinals Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cardinals.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	3.6 KB 
ID:	92577
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Yorktown, Virginia
    Lots of rain coming this week end so I can't move the stuff out of the garage so it can be a shop, but I'll make do and spend some time thinking about the swap and puttering on the CBG build.

new york city burbs
    yep, rain has messed up my build plans. I don't have enough room in the garage/shop to keep building parts for the huge cabinet(wardrobe) Im building.
    I wanted to move a lot of the extra plywood, plywood cart, side panels, face frames, into the shed or house so I can move around a bit better, work on sanding and prep doors for hardware after the clamps come off.

Im maxed out of space, I used every inch, I cant even turn, as my lathe is blocked. More rain tomorrow, Ill do some sanding.

first time I ran out of space before I ran out of clamps.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails biggestbox 001.jpg   biggestbox 005.jpg   biggestbox 006.jpg  
    Human Test Dummy

Kansas City, Missouri
    Spending the weekend driving back and forth to the hospital a couple hours away, hoping for good results for Dad soon.

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault