Friday!

Carol Reed

In Memoriam
Friday Baby.jpg

Same as last weekend. Hope the football is better though.

Not same as last weekend. Comedy of errors this morning. Facility failed to arrange transport for doctor's appointment. Had to be rescheduled. Whole day is now thrown out of whack. My days are actually rather finely choreographed with scheduled activities, none of which are social. When one gets screwed up, the apples can fall. Morning has been lost. Missed my shower for the end of this week. And everything else is late; dressing change, leg wraps, etc. Not a happy camper today.

Last edited:
Hope your weekend is continued success Carol! I'm heading back to my hometown for a class reunion...can't believe it's been a quarter century since I left high school!! :eek: Might be a solo trip as the daughter got sick late last night and it has continued thru this morning. Will be back in time for the Packer's game on Sunday...hopefully the daughter is back to normal and we can make some chili and other good food for the game/evening.

Slept in for a while this morning, then LOML and I had lunch at Longhorn Steakhouse. I'll do some sanding on an anniversary plaque I finished cutting on my cnc yesterday and start the cuts for another plaque this afternoon.

Saturday will bring more shop time on some cnc items along with some cleanup.

NASCAR might be a rainout this weekend thanks to Joaquin, so Sunday might be just brunch and a long nap!!!

Quite weekend volunteer time at the ole food bank this afternoon, Saturday i think i'll make a pot of soup to freeze for later, I'll also be spending time getting my duck in line for my busy 7 week period for the Medicare open enrollment season starts in just 13 day. I plan on going to the gym on Saturday also. Sunday morn, church followed by watching The Arizona Cardinals take on the Lams...Go Cardinals cardinals.jpg

Lots of rain coming this week end so I can't move the stuff out of the garage so it can be a shop, but I'll make do and spend some time thinking about the swap and puttering on the CBG build.

yep, rain has messed up my build plans. I don't have enough room in the garage/shop to keep building parts for the huge cabinet(wardrobe) Im building.
I wanted to move a lot of the extra plywood, plywood cart, side panels, face frames, into the shed or house so I can move around a bit better, work on sanding and prep doors for hardware after the clamps come off.

Im maxed out of space, I used every inch, I cant even turn, as my lathe is blocked. More rain tomorrow, Ill do some sanding.

first time I ran out of space before I ran out of clamps.

Attachments

• biggestbox 001.jpg
    biggestbox 001.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 20
  • biggestbox 005.jpg
    biggestbox 005.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 20
  • biggestbox 006.jpg
    biggestbox 006.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 18
Firstly . . . Carol I am so sorry Murphy took a break from my place to drop in on you. Hang in there. There's plenty-o-days left to catch up.

Secondly . . . Hey Allen, I just reviewed your overarm thread. I had forgotten all about it. Even though I did get the free overarm with my saw the performance has been just "pretty good". I really need something with the velocity of a shop vac on that guard but, I have continued to wonder about a larger hose. this is why its always great to post pics. I pick up ideas from things in the background as often as I do from the topic at hand.

The band is playing a show this afternoon at one of the corporate sponsored tents at the ABQ Balloon Fiesta. I didn't feel like getting up at the crack of dawn to see the mass ascension this morning (I've seen lots of them over the years), but this afternoon they start inflating envelopes for the America's Challenge gas balloon event, then this evening there will be a balloon glow as the sun goes down. The night will end off with a laser show and fireworks. We played for this same company last year, and it was a great time. We play outside of the tent, so we can watch all the goings-on while we play. :thumb:

Tomorrow is another range day with the practical shooting club. Many paper bad guys are likely to die.

Carol, Darren, and Ken, my thoughts are with you and yours.

My bride is on call and had to go in to the hospital a couple times last night so I woke up earlier than I needed to. After a morning workout now I'm settling in for some Sooner football. Need to run to town later for some parts to repipe the hot water recirc system. When they built this house 4 years ago (we bought it this year) they didn't use check valves and it's using an ungodly amount of propane and not working right at all! Then some work in the shop finishing up some metal pieces for a local store and maybe a little progress on the swap project. I have the 14 year old boy helping today to earn some $$ for his cell phone bill so I'm not sure if that's going to help or hurt productivity.... lol

Just a lot of rain this weekend. So getting some work done Saturday in the shop.
Ording paint for the bike and breaks and rotors. I'm going to see how Black 2 part chrome paint works on parts .