Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need Some Good Advise

Question Need Some Good Advise

I just finished a deck off my pool and I have to move my hot tub from my old deck to the new......"Its very heavy" Any ideas the best way to do this Any help or suggestions are welcome as I plan to attempt this,
    this weakend.

Joe, lots of ways to do this, but not knowing the environment, it is hard to give advice.

I will say this, you can move the world with a simple lever and fulcrum.

The first muscle you should use, when moving heavy stuff, is your brain, which you are doing by asking us!

If you can give a better description of the move, or take a pic, it would help.

Cheers!
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

Here is some inspiration.........

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

I'm trying to send a small sketch of the two locations to better explane the different locations....I hope it works!!!!

OK I can't seem to get the doc. file below 20kb and max I can upload is 19.5
    ......HELP........

Without seeing your situation, my first thought was: What is more valuable to you, your back or your checking account balance? Meaning, the answer might be to call a professional with equipment.
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

Joe, can you send another format?
    William Arthur Ward

same level? up-hill or down? 4 feet or 400? wood skirted fiberglass or tile-n-concrete? what are you dealing with?
    [SIZE="1"] associated with several importers and manufacturers.[/SIZE]

Joe,

You may want to contact a local spa dealer in your area. When we had our spa delivered/installed, they had a really neat gizmo that made the job REALLY EASY!

They had a 'dolly' of sorts that they tipped the spa up onto. There were a pair of wheels at either end that pivoted under the control of the person at each end holding onto a steering rod.

The installers were able to bring our large spa (850 pounds empty) across a very bumpy yard, around a pool and through a garden. Then, with just the two of them, they were able to bring it up the stairs on the front of the deck:

Attachment 8215

I don't know where you're located, but for reference, the standard delivery charge here is "about $100".

To me, that would be money well spent, since the pro's have the equipment and knowledge to do it right. And it's their back doing the work.

Just my .02...
    - Marty -
    Fivebraids, Inc.
    When you earnestly believe you can compensate for a lack of skill by doubling your efforts, there’s no end to what you can’t do…

The guys that delivered ours a few weeks ago placed it on a length of old solar panel with a rope through it. One pulled and the other one pushed. I was amazed at how well it worked. Off the driveway, over the grass, over some rocks and onto the patio.

tub is wood surround fiberglass aprox 8-900 lbs ...The move is on the same level aprox 35' away from its current location.
    I appreciate all the replys and will look into the possibility and cost for the spa dealer moving it.......Thanks again for all your great advise.