Need Some Good Advise

Joe Lenox

I just finished a deck off my pool and I have to move my hot tub from my old deck to the new......"Its very heavy" Any ideas the best way to do this:huh: Any help or suggestions are welcome as I plan to attempt this,
this weakend.

Joe, lots of ways to do this, but not knowing the environment, it is hard to give advice.

I will say this, you can move the world with a simple lever and fulcrum.

The first muscle you should use, when moving heavy stuff, is your brain, which you are doing by asking us!

If you can give a better description of the move, or take a pic, it would help.

Cheers!

I'm trying to send a small sketch of the two locations to better explane the different locations....I hope it works!!!!

OK I can't seem to get the doc. file below 20kb and max I can upload is 19.5
......HELP........:huh:

Without seeing your situation, my first thought was: What is more valuable to you, your back or your checking account balance? Meaning, the answer might be to call a professional with equipment.

same level? up-hill or down? 4 feet or 400? wood skirted fiberglass or tile-n-concrete? what are you dealing with?

Joe,

You may want to contact a local spa dealer in your area. When we had our spa delivered/installed, they had a really neat gizmo that made the job REALLY EASY!

They had a 'dolly' of sorts that they tipped the spa up onto. There were a pair of wheels at either end that pivoted under the control of the person at each end holding onto a steering rod.

The installers were able to bring our large spa (850 pounds empty) across a very bumpy yard, around a pool and through a garden. Then, with just the two of them, they were able to bring it up the stairs on the front of the deck:

DSCN4401.jpg

I don't know where you're located, but for reference, the standard delivery charge here is "about $100".

To me, that would be money well spent, since the pro's have the equipment and knowledge to do it right. And it's their back doing the work.

Just my .02...
- Marty -

The guys that delivered ours a few weeks ago placed it on a length of old solar panel with a rope through it. One pulled and the other one pushed. I was amazed at how well it worked. Off the driveway, over the grass, over some rocks and onto the patio.

tub is wood surround fiberglass aprox 8-900 lbs ...The move is on the same level aprox 35' away from its current location.
I appreciate all the replys and will look into the possibility and cost for the spa dealer moving it.......Thanks again for all your great advise.

Hey Joe, Since it is on the same level that should not be a real big project. Mine is smaller, about 550 lbs I think, but I can push it one end at a time by backing up to it and using my legs to push. The guy at the spa place moved it by himself not having to use the end for end method. He just had the correct technique. If you have a couple of buddies around I think that three guys could push it 35 feet in just a few minutes. No equipment needed.

Of course I suppose that depends on what kind of bottom that it has. I think that most are about the same.

Last edited:
this may work

Joe:
If you have a Harbor freight close, you may try an couple of 1000lb furniture dolly's. It would take a cuple of people to lift it up on them. about $20.00 a piece.

Fred