Frank Klausz Shop Tour

glenn bradley

Forgive me if this has been posted before. I just stumbled on it and got a kick out of a few things Frank has decided to keep in the shop now that he is "retired".

I always wondered how to display a plumb bob collection.

Frank Klauz Plumb-bob collection.jpg

Last edited:
I was in that building before it became his retirement shop. It was then used as an guest entertainment area and featured much of his special furniture, much of which is still there. There is quite a story of how that water tank became a usable building, the challenge of building the roof, cutting doors and windows into the walls, bringing in electricity and water. Then interior walls were finished and the decoration begun.

I knew Frank well back in my show days as we did many of them together. Not one of my favorite people but certainly a talented woodworker. Public people often have a private side that is not flattering. But his plum bob collection is awesome.

I knew Frank well back in my show days as we did many of them together. Not one of my favorite people but certainly a talented woodworker. Public people often have a private side that is not flattering. But his plum bob collection is awesome.

I've met a bunch of the biggies at WWing shows. My favorites were Don McConnell and Rob Lee. I'd like to meet Ellis Walentine (I know you know him) and would like to have met Sam Maloof and Jim Krenov. I once mentioned to Kristin Edwards (of Old Brown Glue) that I'd like to have met Krenov and Maloof. Her response was that even though she knew them all, Sam was the nicest man :).

Last edited:
Met with Sam on more than a few occasions. A truly nice guy. Funny, s little crazy and had a lead foot! Probably my favorite all time. Rob Lee is another nice guy. Met his Mom before I met him. Really enjoyed her. His Dad is a solid guy as well. I have known Ellis since before Wood Central days, however I have not participated there for years. I won't say more about that. Don McConnell is not a familiar name to me. Never had the opportunity to meet Jim Krenov. As in any group, there are those who leave you with a good impression and those who don't. Such is life.