cnc picture test

One of my favorite masters told a story about how he learned to do good at CNC. He said he filled a dumpster with scraps before he got good. I believe him.

I spent the entire day today at work trying to get a CNC machine to do what I want it to do and ended the day no further ahead than when I started this morning. Tomorrow I will hit it again with no end in sight.

All I can say is - Winners never quit, and quitters never win.

Don't give up.

I'm going to have to go get some more super thin ply with all of the 'tests' I've been doing with the laser, but I'm close, I tell you, Close too success!

Its a long and winding road

One of my favorite masters told a story about how he learned to do good at CNC. He said he filled a dumpster with scraps before he got good. I believe him.
Ive been earning my living using two cnc machines running for thousands of hours over the last 5 years +. I think I'm probably just over halfway up the curve.

Dan - you have chosen the most finessed and fussy of the things a CNC machine can do to learn. Wouldn't be my choice but you need to be ready to spend a lot of time experimenting and throwing away cheap offcuts before you use any first quality timber. I ran the PVC trial once just to see. My results told me straight away that I didn't have the time to get good at it. Interesting results but definitely an art rather than a science.

... I ran the PVC trial once just to see. ... Interesting results but definitely an art rather than a science.

Well said, Ian!

I dabbled with products similar to PVC and the process is very similar. I've learned more by reading about others results on the Vectric forum than by applying "logic" to what I'm trying to do. But, sometimes one has to read and re-read to get the real impact of another person's process.