Source for Vcarve Tutorials - NOT videos

Brent Dowell

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not someone that likes watching 'videos' as tutorials. They tend to drive me nuts. Pause, Switch screens, etc.

I much prefer to read a well written set of instructions, maybe with pictures, maybe not.

Are there any good sources for good old fashioned written out tutorials for Vcarve?

Not that I've seen, Brent. But the videos are so well done that I haven't had any problem with them. I've learned a lot because of the way they're done.

Not that I've seen, Brent. But the videos are so well done that I haven't had any problem with them. I've learned a lot because of the way they're done.

I know I'm the oddball here. It's just not my preferred way to learn. I've always preferred reading to watching.

2x speed helps and you just need more monitors and/or computer's.

Yeah not helping, I know.

I'll give that a shot. I've got multiple monitors already.

It must be a patience thing. They go at such a slow pace, I just want to grab the relevant parts, but then I start skipping around and missing stuff.

I don't -- "watch" -- the videos.

Well I do, but I study them as I have need.

I will more likely skim through to try to find what I need, then study in detail.

I do have dual monitors - so I will run a tutorial on one and work out what I need to learn on the other.

For me - I need to learn by doing. I do watch the videos, but not like I watch a movie.

I have been using Vectric since 2007 and I have not seen any printed instructions.

I find the best learning by doing, studying the videos and participating in the user forum. I cannot say which is best, but a combination of all three.

There are a lot of features that are not in the videos.

Some of the users like Adrian are masters at Vectric. I learn more from him than any other place.

I find the best learning by doing, studying the videos and participating in the user forum. I cannot say which is best, but a combination of all three.

There are a lot of features that are not in the videos.

Some of the users like Adrian are masters at Vectric. I learn more from him than any other place.

Time to get more active in the Vectric forums, I reckon.

People all learn best in different ways. For me, I just need a little pointing in the right direction. I've never gotten much out of lectures or detailed videos.

But doing has always worked best for me.

That tutorial is a bit older 2010, a couple of upgrades ago. There will be some differences but the concepts are the same.

The user manual is actually pretty good also - forgot about that. Go to "HELP" - pull down, then click on Help Contents. It's worth a look see.

Brent - I learn the same way - point me and let me struggle - then point me a little more and let me struggle. To me that is learn by doing.