Building a Strato-Crapper (SHE'S DONE)

Thought some of you might like seeing the Strato-Crapper build :D

First the Guitar Body
100_2471.jpg

Then gluing the fret board onto the neck and hooking up the pickup. I have to redo this one and because I am going to install a volume control

100_2472.jpg100_2473.jpg100_2474.jpg

Even Rude comments are welcome :D:wave:

Last edited:
I like it!!...and I'm stealing your fingerboard glue up caul idea. One of your own pups? I'm guessing you got that pick up winder running.:thumb::thumb:

I never thought I'd use the term "craptastic" in a positive light, but there, I just did. :D

And Ryan, I'm planning to build a shovel guitar one of these days. I even have a shovel picked out. Just need to clear a few in-progress projects off my guitar workbench first. In one of my bands, I play slide guitar on a song called "Burn Down the Trailer Park", and the shovel guitar would be the perfect white trash compliment to that song. :thumb:

And Ryan, I'm planning to build a shovel guitar one of these days. I even have a shovel picked out. Just need to clear a few in-progress projects off my guitar workbench first. In one of my bands, I play slide guitar on a song called "Burn Down the Trailer Park", and the shovel guitar would be the perfect white trash compliment to that song. :thumb:

:D Looking forward to that one and make sure its good and rusty! :thumb:

It would make a nice partner to a fuel tank bass like Eaton the bass player from Split Lip Rayfield has. "Early on, the group's gimmick was Eaton's homemade one-string bass, named Stitchgiver, built from the gastank of a 1978 Mercury Grand Marquis and a piece of hickory and strung with one piece of Weedwhacker line." (and yeah the acoustics are pretty bad on it.. but its fun anyway).