California Hi.

Welcome. Looking forward to seeing the fruits o your obsession, oh wait that's me. Looking forward to seeing your work :)

Here's a box that I made for my step granddaughter, its from luan and supposed to have an asian appearance to it. There isn't any hardware used, no hinges, the lid just lifts off, but if you press on one end of the lid the other flips up. It's surprising and brings a smile.IMG_0353.jpg.

Here is a garden arbor inspired by a picture in a magizine. The original article had a swing but no swing here. My wife loves to garden and this the view from our bedroom.

Attachments

• IMG_0276.jpg
    IMG_0276.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 26
Welcome Bill,

You landed in the midst of a group of wonderful people. However, since they cannot read, they really like pictures.
Boy, am I ever going to hear about the preceding sentence.

Enjoy and don't be hesitant to ask questions, someone in the group will probably know the answers.
JimB

Thank you such a warm welcome, it's pleasure to meet all of you. Sure looks like great group of woodworkers. I am sure I will have questions down the road. I am still struggling with pictures but here is another attempt.IMG_0443.jpgIMG_0445.jpg