more practice....

Dan Noren

Staff member
after a very long, and dull night at work (only survived by watching cut2d tutorials), i decided it was time for an evil thought project that involved layers, and tiling of tool paths. there is a small coffee shop down the way a bit that used to be called the coffee grounds (original, neh?), and i thought that i would do up their sign. well, it turns out that it was sold a while ago, and is now known as the underground music cafe (it is in the basement of the building). i found the sign to be a bit more interesting, and challenging. it took a few hours to get used to the layering and such, but i finally got a handle on it. here are the results.

Attachments

• logo1.jpg
    logo1.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 17
  • logo2.jpg
    logo2.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 18
  • logo2a.jpg
    logo2a.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 21
  • tile 1.jpg
    tile 1.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 17
  • tile 2.jpg
    tile 2.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 18
That is my kinda project.

Nice Project - gonna be interesting to see it in progress.

Don't be afraid to ask for some money for that.

It has some decent value

If you make it out of Extira and use a really good exterior primer and good Ben Moore or Sherwin Williams exterior Acrylic Latex - it can be mounted outside.

Nice looking sign Dan. I'm with Leo, might talk to them to see if they'd be willing to pay or if you're looking to just practice, maybe pay for the materials in trade for some referrals.

funny thing is, is that i was thinking earlier (i know, i know, but i'm properly equipped for that function), that i would head on over there on friday. there's one more thing i want to check about the tiling that i may have forgotten. i seem to remember that the tiles didn't have the extra material on the non tiled side in the tutorials, so i may have missed a step.

ok, figured out what it was. turns out that i had the 'draw toolpaths in original position for visualization' checked. once i unchecked it, it showed how it should be seen as tiled.

Attachments

• tile 3.jpg
    tile 3.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 9
  • tile 4.jpg
    tile 4.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 8