Happy Thanksgiving Canadians!

Happy thanksgiving all you northers. Now we will start to see all those Canadian licenses plates here in the land of sunshine. The Canadian make there way south starting right after their thanksgiving. Con on down we love your money. It's good for the Arizona state economy.

:thumb:

Happy Thanksgiving to all my fellow Canadians.
I am sitting in Emergency at hospital with my son. He has a serious infection that appears to have started with a ruby injury a week ago at University and he brought it home with him. How do u get through to a male when they think they invincible and dont treat injuries when they happen.
Sorry but i have little time for stupid today.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving to everyone celebrating. Can we non-Canucks celebrate as well?

Of course you can. This Thanksgiving is called "Harvest Thanksgiving" in Britain, and is a revival of ancient harvest festivals, that took place in England in the early 19th century. It was introduced by a Church of England priest, but is a non-liturgical holiday. So, it has nothing to do with Pilgrim Fathers, so everyone can have Harvest Thanksgiving, and still stuff themselves silly on American Thanksgiving, and go mad shopping on Black Friday.

I ate myself to a standsstill yesterday,:thud: but have recovered nicely, except that I couldn't even look at a plate of leftover TG food today. Oh, the two kids that live close enough, and their partners, came by and the boys took me for a game of golf. All in all, a good day.

Thanks for all the good wishes.

Last edited:
Happy thanksgiving all you northers. Now we will start to see all those Canadian licenses plates here in the land of sunshine. The Canadian make there way south starting right after their thanksgiving. Con on down we love your money. It's good for the Arizona state economy.
You might see fewer this year, Don, with the exchange rate as bad as it is currently. On the other hand the price of gas is really low, so maybe people will figure it balances out? :dunno:

Always nice to have an extra long weekend. Drove down to visit my mum in St.Catharines for the day, and saw my first ever Tesla model S in the wild... (Ohio license place "BARSOOM" -- you can't make up things like that -- long way from home, but I just checked and it looks like you could probably make it on a single charge...) And my brother gave me some teak strips -- he is putting teak wainscotting in his LR -- so that was another bonus. Hmm, Teak is okay for cutting boards, isn't it?
Saw lots of lovely colour on the drive down as well. Good weekend.

Happy Columbus day to my southern neighbours!