Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Amazing! Friday again.

Escondido, CA

Amazing! Friday again.

How quickly time flies!

First Friday of freedom. Probably more on my list than I can handle today. Bunch of errands and medical appointments to make for the next week or two.

Cyndi Drozda, finial queen and woodturner extraordinaire, will be here this weekend. I was one of the first people to sign up for her two day workshop and have had to back out. But she is doing a presentation tomorrow I plan to see. That will probably do me in for the day.

I am truly bummed, but I will be in a hyperbaric oxygen chamber during her workshop time on Monday and Tuesday. 2 hours a day, five days a week, for the next 8 weeks. I was introduced to it yesterday. Essentially it is a big glass tube. No real sense of enclosure. Can watch movies or nap. I am betting I can't say awake long enough to see the end of the movie.

Will get to go back to work on Sunday for a bit. Likely will not stay the entire morning. Wading in slowly.

So good to be home!

Some say the land of milk and honey; others say the land of fruits and nuts. All together my sort of heaven.

Power is not taken. It is given. Who have you given yours to? Hmmmm?

Carol Reed

Kansas City, Missouri
    Good to hear things are progressing smoothly Carol. I think we've got the grandson most of the weekend, but planning to get the pool closed finally and take care of some outdoor stuff. I may need to mow, but it's been so dry here lately that I'm not sure I will. Will get some more time in with the cnc, planning to make a dust boot for it this weekend. Also going to work on some garage and shop cleanup to get ready for winter.

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

East Freeetown, Massachusetts
    I should be at least close to finishing th eswap project this week end.

I also want to finish stacking my firewood.

I also need to go to my daughters house for a time.

DSM, IA
    I get some shop time tonight until around 8pm then smores for 5-6 kids and parents on the firepit. Saturday will be yard work, flag football then some time with the daughter, probably a movie, as the wife will be out of town. Sunday will be shop time, chili and Packer football.
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

Thomasville, GA
    I'm continuing with some shop cleanup and re-organizing - gotta sort through more cutoffs and see what's worth keeping and what can go in the smoker bucket.

Saturday will be more of the same along with adding an electrical outlet in our lawn equipment building so I can put a battery charger on my ZTR mower.

Sunday will be the usual rut: brunch, chill, NASCAR, chill, etc.
    Bill Arnold
    Citizen of Texas residing in Georgia.
    NRA Life Member
    Member of Mensa
    Live every day like it's your last, but don't forget to stop and smell the roses.

Yorktown, Virginia
    Weekend?? I'll figure something out. Time to start thinking about the swap project. Can't decide whether it's to be flat or round. More work on the CBG, now that the marker dots have arrived. (Seven days for a first class package from Ohio--seems a bit long)

North West Indiana
    Carol like the old saying, "there's no place like home".

This is the first year for a "balanced" calendar for our school which mainly means less time off in the summer in one stretch but more timely breaks throughout the year. Fall break is next week and I have to get my winter supply of wood split and hauled to the stove area. And following Ted's lead, I am going to start and finish my swap project next week.

We found Eric's buck yesterday, 12 pointer, over 140" deer. Got the fever to get out and do some sitting, I put the ground blind out before season started but haven't sat in it. Tomorrow night.
    God and family, the rest is icing on the cake.

I'm so far behind, I think I'm in first place.

Premier Bovine Scatologist

St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
    I just went out to do a little finishing work on my canoe, and it immediately started to hail. Like, as soon as I stepped onto the porch. If the weather settles, I may get some real work done on the boat and finish it before snow comes. Well, we may get some snow this weekend, so that may be asking a bit much.

The other member of Mensa, but not the NRA

Everyone is a self-made person.

"The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their veracity" -Abraham Lincoln

new york city burbs
    my son messed up my plans this weekend.

I was going to spray the unit today and tomorrow if needed, and load it up sunday morning and get it over there so I can have room to work in my shop. Its near impossible with a finished product to move lumber without fear of denting it or scratching it. Its huge.

He told me 2 days ago, no, no good this weekend dad......hes going on a weeklong cruise.
    so now the unit may be stuck in my garage until the 31ST!
    Hes not around during the week to assist me, and I have no clue how its getting up his staircase, not my problem.

Im cutting him some slack, its his 33rd birthday today.

man, Im getting old.
    Human Test Dummy

Fridays certainly fly by in a hurry. It seems like just yesterday I was looking at the same post. Time does fly when you're having fun.
    Trying to reorganize shop but when I make one change I decide to do something else or enlarge the idea. Just keep plugging along. Even when I have plans I feel a change is in order. On well it makes shop time enjoyable.
    Happy week end to all. We get to celebrate Maple Leaf celebration this weekend. Fall colors are here and fallis on its way.