these hooks are the greatest-surehooktm-360

allen levine

especially when you work in very confined area and space is minimal.

I know Ive brought them up somewhere before, but for spraying Ive found them the most useful tool for doors with 35 mm cups hinges

I think these doors show how much weight they can take, those doors are approx. 74 or 75 inches high, and 16 inches wide.

Just put them in the hole and turn the hook up, it expands to hold tight.

I usually put my long bar clamps to hang hooks on, but I had screws already up there, so I just hung the hooks on those.

its easy to see, no space to lay these doors out to spray, not with the units at the same time.

convenient, work great, I fully endorse these, (not that that means much)

I got them at rockler, a set of 12 I think.

don't know how to link here, but they are called SureHook-TM360.

Just wanted to share.

Im not sure if Im allowed to endorse a product from any company here, if not, I apologize, and expect this post to be removed.

but its a great little hook.

Attachments

• hooks 002.jpg
    hooks 002.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 52
  • hooks 003.jpg
    hooks 003.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 50
  • hooks 004.jpg
    hooks 004.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 48
  • hooks 005.jpg
    hooks 005.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Those looks handy indeed.

...Im not sure if Im allowed to endorse a product from any company here, if not, I apologize, and expect this post to be removed...

Heck, we have folks endorse stuff here all the time. As long as you're not profiting from the endorsement, it's all good. :thumb:

I've looked at those hooks off and on for years, but never pulled the trigger to buy any because I'm too cheap! When I need to hang doors to spray them, I use coat hangers with the end bent with a sharp point to stick into the hinge socket.

I've looked at those hooks off and on for years, but never pulled the trigger to buy any because I'm too cheap! When I need to hang doors to spray them, I use coat hangers with the end bent with a sharp point to stick into the hinge socket.

when I first starting using door sets and installing 35 mm hinges, I also hung the doors with a hanger, until the first time I tapped the door while trying to move around in my tiny space and the door fell to the floor and that was that.
with smaller cabinet doors, you cant pull the door off until you release the pressure.
Its just a convenience for me, besides, elen complains we don't have enough hangers anyway.

yeah, no room to lay the doors out on pinboards, much easier to hang doors right next to each other.

Im fighting the colder temps, trying to spray while temps are over 55, little space with tarps hanging, wearing eye protection, respirator, glasses, baseball hat, working in an area where the tarps are blocking off some of the light, no fun for me to spray units.

its done, Im happy. Ill just lightly sand with 320 grit tomorrow to get off dust nubs, let it sit a day, then start wrapping them up in moving blankets to transport them all.
I never got the hinges in the mail, so 2 doors will have to sit until the hinges arrive, as I wanted al lhinges to match.

I listened to Jim Delaney? I think he reco'd the em8000 sealer spray first, on the plywood cabs, put 2 coats then the laquer over it.