Relief Carving

Thanks Darren....I've never used a plunge router before but I'm interested in that and the three levels of dept that your talking about...If you have a picture of that I would love to see it!....Thanks for the info!

Nothing fancy, but you can see the different levels, we did a quick layout and marked the levels 1, 2, & 3, then proceeded to route each out as close to the lines as possible, about an 1/8" between levels. Then we then started in with carving tools once most of the waste was gone. Also is shown some of the leaf detail. This wasn't ever finished, I piddle with it from time to time when I just wanting to sit and piddle.

2015-10-24 18.57.27.jpg 2015-10-24 18.57.35.jpg 2015-10-24 18.57.40.jpg 2015-10-24 18.57.53.jpg

Ryan....They are both beautiful but I really like the one that has the twist and then the separation on the end of the spoon.....That is an unbelievable piece!

Darren...Looking at your first picture...It looks to me like you could have as many as 6 levels of depth...Is that right?

Nothing fancy, but you can see the different levels, we did a quick layout and marked the levels 1, 2, & 3, then proceeded to route each out as close to the lines as possible, about an 1/8" between levels. Then we then started in with carving tools once most of the waste was gone. Also is shown some of the leaf detail. This wasn't ever finished, I piddle with it from time to time when I just wanting to sit and piddle.

View attachment 93054 View attachment 93055 View attachment 93056 View attachment 93057

Darren....I liked the way you rounded off your letters....I didn't do that in the plaques.