GREX pin nailer?

Bruce Page

I’m thinking about getting the model P635 23g pin nailer. Anyone have any experience with it, or with GREX in general?

The P635 had a pretty good write-up in one of the recent rags.

not to disagree with your choice:huh: but i have the cadex35 i think this is right:huh: and it too had a great rating in fww mag a while backor maybe it was jlc.. anyway it works well and have no complaints with it.. right now its with my daughter and i miss it:eek: wil look at the manual for the right model.. it shoots both headed and headless pins bruce

not to disagree with your choice:huh: but i have the cadex35 i think this is right:huh: and it too had a great rating in fww mag a while backor maybe it was jlc.. anyway it works well and have no complaints with it.. right now its with my daughter and i miss it:eek: wil look at the manual for the right model.. it shoots both headed and headless pins bruce

Larry, I think the cadex got the highest rating in the test but it was about $120 higher than the grex - which isn't all that cheap.

not sure on the cost comparison

but the one i got was on sale from somewhere and wasnt bad at the time..seems like paul cresti liked the grex as well,, i think alan turner also has one. so i am sure its a good one. just givin my opinion for what it was worth..:thumb:

bruce, i`ve never used any grex stuff......nickle and cadex are supposed to be the "best"......that said i shoot a senco `cause that`s what my local supply house services and i`d rather have a functional gun than a magazine review;)
i`d buy what your local supply house stocks and services, there`s a lot to be said for local businesses....

My limited experience with Grex products (I've got their 2" ROS) has been very positive. My pin nailer is a cheap ThaiChi no-name, and it's served my occasional needs nicely. I can't imagine the Grex pin nailer not doing the same for you.

Thanks guys.
One of the comments made in the review was that both the Cadex and Grex did not mar/dent the wood at all, even softwoods like pine. That is important to me for what I need it for. I have a couple PC nailers that work great but smack the crap out of whatever I’m nailing. :mad:

Larry, opinions is what I'm asking for. :thumb: The Cadex in the article was model CPB23.50 with a list of $369. With just a quick look I’ve found the Grex for $169.

Last edited:
not what i paid!!

i got it for $235 still 70 more than the grex:dunno: cant tell ya where i got it was from a dealer listed threw a link at cadex homepage.. i did look at the grex but me and that shade of green didnt gel:D :rofl: lator folk i am gone fer the night

I do not own the Grex, but have used one several times. It worked very well. I own 3 Cadex and like them alot. I have the pin nailer, the combo pin/brad nailer and the stapler. I can't say the cadex works any better than the Grex.

Brian